Prologue

Nick had done the exact same thing as he has for the past month. 

School had started up

He had narrowly avoided bullies and pinned it on others

And he talked with his best and only friend Nate.

Days had started to blend but Nick never cared.  He mainly cared about when school ended.  The clock was 2:50 pm and only 10 minutes before he could go home.  He has been dreaming of playing pokemon since the school day started.  

"Still ten minutes,"  Nick thought to himself sighing "Why does it always feel like the last ten minutes or so take an hour" 

"Hey Nick," Nate says, "The bell rang while you were deep in thought... again".

"Huh, wha-what? We're free to leave?!?" 

"Yes, we're not prisoners here y'know now come on let's go."

"Heh you can't change my mind guard-in-disguise," Nick said running out the door.  Normally Nick wouldn't care about getting away from school and would take his time enjoying the peace and occasional conversations with Nate.  But today was different.  Today was spring break.  Nick wouldn't have to worry about anything for the next two weeks and a half.

"Hey wait up hu-huh you know I can't run that fast" Nate said trying to catch up.

"Look bud, I got a pokemon game to beat with one last pokemon," Nick said backpedaling so he could run and talk at the same time.

"You and that Nuzlocke" Nate said shaking his head as his run went to a walk.  "Don't you only have one pokemon left to fight the champion,"  "Yes and my Houndoom is a monster! I'm going to wreck Alder and his stupid face!!" Nick said excitedly.  "Alright alright, heh I'll see you tomorrow then Nick" Nate said semi-knowingly that Nick was too busy dreaming to hear him.

"Yeah I'll um see you tomorrow as well," Nick said dashing away.  Nick was a high school student with his own house, his parents loved Nick even though they didn't fully understand his love for games they wanted the best for him, so they bought him a house.  "On one condition though" he remembered his father had told him, "You must get a job and school must come first before games".  

Nick had argued a little bit about not getting a job since he had a vast majority of college money saved, but in the end, Nick had to get a job.  Granted he found a semi-loophole since they didn't specify what type of job so he got a job that allows him to work from home and get paid a decent amount.  

But today Nick had a day off and so he was determined to beat the Nuzlocke.  Nick knew he had to win this fight or he would have to train pokemon to the same level as his current team.  

Nick got home cleaned the house a little bit and then went to his room to turn the game on.  But what Nick didn't know was that by turning the game on something very mysterious would be awakened.  

Nick was unconscious on the floor with a flashing 3DS XL on the ground next to him...