Special Chapter 2: Special Request

Nick was tired after the day's events, first a hard battle against their leader, Miju, for their assessment, then a solo battle against Team Star's leader, Riv, which he barely won. Nick only won with Shadow's help, but it's been some time and they have been quiet.

I wonder how long their connection will be cut off from me. Actually, now that I think about it, how were they able to have a stable connection recently when they couldn't before? I'll ask them when they get back I guess.

Amber took him, Shaun, and Aries to Cafe Vee again, and surprisingly Vee didn't try to overcharge them on this visit. She had said, "I may be a business pokemon, but I'm not heartless, well not all the time."

After the cafe treat, it was early evening but Nick was already too exhausted to stay up until later. "You'll just be awake later tonight," Amber had told him but it didn't seem like all that much of a problem to him, Zoruas were probably nocturnal anyway so he needed to get used to it.

Nick woke up, blinking awake. "It feels late." Nick slowly stretched his body before standing up and leaving his room. Despite it being late Shaun's late was still on He's probably just reading Nick thought to himself.

Nick quietly walked out of the house and walked into Azulyn Town. It was a short and peaceful walk. "Nick! Just the pokemon I was hoping to see," Aries said suddenly appearing in Nick's view. "Hey Aries, what's up?"

"Well, you remember how I told you how Pixie took Mystic out on a date? Well, apparently that didn't go the way Pixie wanted it to go. She's too scared to admit her feelings to Mystic, and Mystic, for how lovable she is, isn't the brightest Ampharos. So Pixie reluctantly came to me for help so I called in a favor and got 4 tickets because it's cheaper than 3 solo tickets. Do you want to go to a theater show?"

"Well I don't have anything better to do and I'm not really tired so yeah."

"Cool!" Aries led Nick to a large building on the other side of Cafe Vee, Nick saw an Umbreon taking orders along with Vee. "Normally this theatre is for small shows but Silvanus, the performer, was glad to help Pixie and Mystic." Nick turned his attention to the building they were heading for, a long line wrapped around and along Cafe Vee giving the greedy Eevee a perfect opportunity to push irresistible and expensive sweets.

"Aries! You took long enough," Pixie's voice called from somewhere near the front of the line. She sounded uncharacteristically nervous Nick noted. Mystic was standing there as well, "She started to think that you left us but that would be silly and hey look you brought Nick! Hi Nick!"

"I told you two that I knew exactly who to invite. Nick, have you ever been to one of these shows?"

"No first time." "Oh, you're going to love it!" Mystic responded as pokemon were finally allowed to go in, "Silvanus has an amazing talent." The four pure-dark-types all walked in and were greeted by an Alolan Meowth. I wonder if it is still called 'Alolan' here? Actually, that was a stupid thought, of course, it isn't, Shadow is there a chance you are back?

Yeah, sorry. Subduing that paralysis weakened my connection to the vessel you created in the In-Between. Also, I think they are just called Meowth as well.

Huh, okay, well great to have you back!

Aries handed the Meowth tickets and they were allowed in. "Alright you two go get seats, Nick and I will get snacks and drinks," Aries said leading Nick to the concession stands. "So I assume you have a plan?" Nick asked once he was sure that Pixie and Mystic weren't in earshot. "Of course and the best part, we don't have to do much of anything. I just need you to sit next to me forcing them next to each other." Aries got a specialized carrier for the drinks and snacks and the two entered the seating room where Mystic waved them over quickly. It took time but Nick realized that the room was getting increasingly darker and darker. Neon lights shone on the stage as the curtains opened up.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and everything in between or not at all, are you ready for a very special show today?" A loud voice echoed throughout the whole theatre. The audience cheered and applauded as a puff of smoke appeared in the middle of the stage as a tall, bipedal, green, cat appeared.

Woah who's that Pokemon?

That species is called Meowscrada.

So it's not Pikachu. I wonder what 'generation' they are from.

The Meowscrada started talking again, "Now one reason that this show is special is because with me I have a very special partner, my lovely and wonderful wife, Sakura!" As he spoke a Delphox walked onto the stage. "Now before we get onto the actual show how about we celebrate the recent holiday that is Diamonds Day by sharing some love? Sakura if you would call out 10 seats for our groups."

What's Diamonds Day?

Think Valentine's Day for humans. It's a day where Carbink gather somewhere and some turn into Diances, then shower others with diamonds.

Sakura started calling out seat numbers, some were separate while others were close by. Then she called Pixie's and Mystic's seat. "Hey, congrats you two!" Nick said when they were called. Pixie whispered to Aries's ear, "This wasn't what I had in mind when I asked for help." "Relax and enjoy yourself," Aries replied as Mystic tugged Pixie up towards the stage.

"Alright thank you all for coming up here, feel free to talk to your randomly selected partner, and if you both agree to a first date you will receive a paid picnic date with dessert treats from a local cafe here," Silvanus explained.

"So this was your big plan to reveal your feelings to me?" Mystic asked with a devious smile on her face, "I'm a little hurt that you didn't think we were dating already, I mean we do things that 'just friends' don't do."

"I-uh-" 

Mystic giggled, "Maybe I'm not the dense one after all," she said booping Pixie's nose. Silvanus smiled as he approached the two, "Great to see you two again, and it looks like we have a match," he said winking, before turning back to the crowd, "No don't worry everyone else, I still have a great show for you all, as these lucky pokemon follow my wife to someone special."

---------

Nick and Aries got to enjoy the show and waited outside for Pixie and Mystic to get back. "Hey, you guys!" Mystic's cherry voice called from behind them. "So how was it?" Nick asked once they got close. "Oh it was just sooo romantic," Mystic said in a dramatic voice. "Well it seems like everyone had a good time, thanks for coming along Nick."Aries said snickering at Mystic.

"Thanks for inviting, I'm down to do tit again sometime if you guys are."

"Yeah we could make it a regular thing to meet up and go somewhere!" Mystic replied, "Too bad you are already apart of a team you would make a great addition to our team."

Yeah, like we need another dark-type on the team," Pixie replied sarcastically, "But yeah this was fun, see you again sometime Nick."

"Byee Nick!"

"Later dude."

"Later everyone!"