Love And Hate

Flashback

Joohyun felt nervous. This will be the first time that she will enter Kang family's house, and what made her more nervous is...

She'll be there with Seulgi only. Only the two of them.

Joohyun is the oldest and she wants to be responsible. She promised to always have self control with Seulgi. She wants to be gentle with that precious girl.

"Welcome to my house, Joohyun unnie!" Seulgi welcomed her then pulled her inside the house like an excited kid.

Joohyun felt amazed because the inside of the house looks so clean, pretty and cozy but she can feel the sadness of this home. She noticed the big family portrait hanging on the wall next to the staircase; it's Seulgi with her parents smiling. They look like a happy family though so Joohyun wondered what happened to their family now.

"Let's go upstairs, Joohyun unnie." She heard Seulgi said.

Joohyun looked back at her. "Huh? Am I allowed to go there? I'm just a visitor, Seulgi."

"Why are you so well mannered? You are so boring, Bae Joohyun." Seulgi said rolling her eyes. She walked closer to Joohyun with a smile. "I want to show you the favorite place of mine in this house. Don't say no, please?"

Joohyun sighed. "Fine. But no funny business, okay?"

Seulgi frowned. Joohyun took a deep sigh. Well, Seulgi is really innocent unlike her.

'Calm down, Bae Joohyun.'

_____________________

"I didn't know you are an artist, Seulgi." Joohyun said in awe when Seulgi showed her the workroom.

The place where Seulgi is spending most of her time to pursue her passion in art like drawing and photography. For Joohyun, this is Seulgi's safe haven in this lonely house.

"This is my favorite masterpiece of mine, Joohyun unnie." Seulgi said, taking off the cover of the canvas. Joohyun felt so touched when she saw herself. "You're my muse, Joohyun unnie."

"Seulgi..."

"I love you. Because of you, I had a reason to keep on living, to wake up everyday." Seulgi looked straight at Joohyun with tears forming in her eyes. "You became the light in my dark world, Bae Joohyun. Thank you for saving me."

Joohyun cried then hugged Seulgi. They both cried in each others arms. Joohyun told herself that she'll do everything to make Seulgi happy. She doesn't want Seulgi to get lost in her own darkness anymore.

Joohyun hold Seulgi's wrist but the latter flinched then took her hand away. "What's wrong? Does it hurt, Seulgi?"

Seulgi chuckled. "It's nothing, unnie. Let's go down and prepare snacks. Come on."

Joohyun frowned. She gently hold Seulgi's hand and the younger girl is resisting but Joohyun rolled up Seulgi's sleeves and what catches her eyes almost broke her heart.

"Joohyun unnie..."

"What is this? Are you hurting yourself, Seulgi?" Joohyun asked in tears. Her hands are shaking while holding Seulgi's scarred wrist. "Are you doing self-harm, Kang Seulgi? Answer me!"

Seulgi looked anywhere but Joohyun who gently cupped her face. "Seulgi... Don't do this again. Please? Don't you ever hurt yourself again? Please? Promise me. Promise me!" Joohyun cried.

Seulgi burst into tears then hugged Joohyun tight. "I'm so sorry, unnie. I'm really sorry."

That day, Joohyun told herself to always keep an eye on Seulgi. She told herself that she'll do everything to fix the broken Kang Seulgi.

The Kang Seulgi who will leave her broken someday.

End of Flashback

__________________

Joohyun is contemplating whether to greet Seungwan, her neighbor who became a very good company of her last night. They had a nice chat and Joohyun will admit that she doesn't mind to be friends with Seungwan, even though the latter is best friends with Seulgi.

Joohyun was about to push the doorbell when the door of Seungwan's unit opened. But the smile on Joohyun's face fades when she saw Seulgi standing right in front of her.

"Miss Irene Bae?" Seulgi asked.

Joohyun took a deep sigh first before asking. "Where's Seungwan?"

Seulgi widen her eyes. "You are really friends with Seungwan? I thought that midget is just fooling me last night on the phone that she's now friends with the great Irene Bae."

Joohyun rolled her eyes and was about to leave when Seulgi called her. "Wait, Miss Irene Bae!"

"What!?" Joohyun shouted making Seulgi shocked. "What do you want, Kang Seulgi?"

"Why are you mad? Are you still mistaking me with someone else? I told you that..."

"Shut up. I don't want to hear any of your lies again." Joohyun chuckled. "I'm such a fool for making promises with a bastard like you. Just enjoy your life with Park Sooyoung, liar!"

Seulgi frowned. She noticed two people standing near the escalator watching them. Seulgi hold Joohyun's hand then pulled her inside Seungwan's condo unit.

"Hey! How dare you?" Joohyun is so mad. She doesn't want to be on the same room with Seulgi anymore. Never. "Let me out or I will call the security. Now!"

"I won't not until you tell me where is that hatred of yours to me coming from." Seulgi said blocking the door. "Why are you so mad at me? I already told you that I am not the Kang Seulgi from your past. I never knew you not until that photoshoot we did together, Miss Irene Bae."

Joohyun rolled her eyes. "Fine. Continue that stupid amnesia act of yours with Sooyoung. I don't care about the two of you anymore."

"You know Sooyoung too? And you hate her too like how you hate me?" Seulgi slowly walked to Joohyun who's walking backwards away from her. "Aren't you being too much, Miss Irene Bae? Stop hating innocent people."

"Wow. Stop acting like a saint, Seulgi. You are a big liar. Get away from me!" Joohyun shouted. She felt the wall on her back and widen her eyes when Seulgi trapped her by leaning her hands on the wall. "Get away from me, Kang Seulgi!"

"Tell me the truth first. Who are you really, Miss Irene Bae?" Seulgi looked straight in Joohyun's eyes. "What is your connection with me and Sooyoung? Are you part of my past? Who are you?!!!"

"I'm Bae Joohyun!!!" Joohyun shouted then slapped Seulgi's face. "I'm your muse. You told me that you want to be a photographer and you will make me your model. You promised me a lot of stupid things but... You are such a jerk, Kang Seulgi. I hate you so much!"

Joohyun pushed Seulgi away from her then run out of Seungwan's condo unit. Seungwan who hurriedly finished taking a shower after hearing shouts went out of the bathroom, she saw Seulgi lying down on the floor; holding her head while shouting in pain.

__________________

A/N: Okay. That's intense, right?✌Did you miss me? Our queens finally made a comeback. Hooray!!! Anyways, share me your feedbacks with this chapter. Thanks for reading.😘