{chapter five}

{florences pov}

It's been a few months since volterra and I've been calling the kings everyday and hanging out with the guard.

Im currently on call with caius ranting about my bad day.

"Mi amore take a breather" caius softly says trying to calm me down.

I close my eyes and take a few breaths before opening them again

"Sorry it's just Bella's been going out of her way to be rude to me and this guy at school keeps trying to flirt with me" I say putting my head in my hands.

I look up to see caius with a dark look on his face and I regret telling him about the boy.

"It's ok though because in less than two weeks I'll be in volterra with you, aro and Marcus"

Caius relaxes and we talk for a bit longer before I end the call.

I go downstairs and see my dad sitting on the couch watching a football game.

"Hey dad I'm gonna go for a walk" I say grabbing my sweater and my bag.

"Ok hun be safe" he replies.

I go out the door and walk into the forest behind the house. It rained this morning so the trees have droplets of rain on them.

I go deeper into the woods gathering some flowers and mushrooms. I get to a small pond and sit down on a log taking my shoes off and dipping my feat in the water.

The water was cold but refreshing. I looked up hearing the birds chirping before I hear quiet footsteps.

I look over and see Jane walking towards me.

"Hi Jane"

"Hi Florence" she replies smiling at me.

We talk for a bit before it starts raining a bit.

I get up from the log and dry my feet off with my socks before grabbing another pair out of my bag and putting them on.

Me and Jane walk back to my house before she disappears after saying goodbye.

I walk infront of the house seeing Bella's truck in the driveway.

I go into the house and put my stuff away before going into the kitchen and making some soup for dinner.

I finish the soup and take some up to my room.

I put away the flowers and stuff I found today and eat the soup before having a shower and going to bed

A/n sorry it's short I've been sick these last couple of days and make sure to check out my tiktok page promoting this book