Prologue

The door always glowed for all who could see it. A black iron door with a maze embedded in it. A green glowing swirling maze.

"What are you doing here angel scum!?" A voice hissed from behind the door.

Michael had his fair share of experiencing out of this world situations. Afterall he was the one and only. The famous archangel written in scriptures in the bible.

"I am here to see the illusionist."

The thing behind the door chuckled. "The more you come to converse with her the more you fall from your loyalty and grace from your God."

Michael knew this was true. But in reality. He felt like he fell from father's grace a long time ago. Cursed already to walk the earth for all eternity. Never to go home.

"You think I am ignorant?"

"Naive." The thing from behind the door said quietly as the door started to unlock, lock by lock. Michael had to guess there was at least ten bolts on the door. It slowly opened and Micahel entered the entrance hall. He turned to look at the doorman. But just like the first, second, and fifth time he had entered this woman's home there seemed to never be a doorman. Only a voice. Michael felt twins run down his spine. Yet there was no one at the door, Michael could still feel somewhat distinctively that someone was in fact at that door. Staring at him.

"What brings you here, mortal." The faint accent she had reminded him of the time of the pharaohs. Old egyptian. Yet she looked like a normal white woman. Not just any white woman. His dead wife, Tyra. The illusionist only showed herself as someone you once knew. Your weakest link. Tyra was Michael's weakest link. The only difference was the illusionist only revealed her true voice. The one thing she never disguised.

"I came here for more knowledge."

"Ah. I know what knowledge. You have given yourself a false purpose and yet your brother has no purpose. So why not make anew?"

Michael sighed. "You speak like a prophet. Riddles among riddles. Never an in depth explanation."

"Would you like an in depth explanation like your God gave to man? Would you say I should make a vow to pledge a book among the already weak to learn how to live. Do you know why prophets and sphinxes speak in what you call devil tongue?"

"Why so, Illusionist?"

"We choose to show you a warning and a path. It is not our job to give you all the answers because a human deserves the right to choose their own fate and learn and grow from it in order to ascend. Nothing makes man evil, only man makes man evil and a man can make man good. I am of the free world and the old world and the new."

"I see. You are saying killing my brother after all he's done to the world is not in my best interest."

"Was lucifer the one to encourage the crusaders to strike down men and women who didn't believe in Christianity. Was lucifer the one who encouraged king Solomon to create all those keys to summon angels from your world through dark arcane magic. Sounds more to me that your god does not have an explanation either. So what is good and what is bad? Whose to say."

"He still wreaked havoc. He is a liar and a murderer."

"But he only enters the homes of the one who free willingly open the door for him. Tell me a time your brother pushed."

Michael couldn't think of one. But one was true. "Possession of the weak minded. Exorcisms. Creatures from his realm. He could have put a stop to them."

"No he couldn't."

"Why?"

"He did not have the power to account for where is legions were at all time. His own men also lied and murdered without orders first. A king will always be both loved and disrespected. A whole kingdom will never be in complete submission. You will always have your retaliation. Your rebels. Your plotters. Didn't your god learn that with lucifer himself and now you? The most powerful of them all, the two, the trinity. Do not even obey their own god."

"The trinity?"

The woman in Tyra's form smiled sadly. "You think the antichrist is the only one wandering this earth. Your messiah has been here as long as your brother has been. Also without purpose. Not remembering what he was before. A gift from me."

Michael froze. The chills went through his whole body now. "A gift from you?"

"A gift of free will. To find their new purpose."

"God gave them purpose," Michael hissed.

"HOW IS THAT FREE WILL." Her voice didn't come from her, it came from the whole manor as if she was the manor they were in herself.

Michael could barely breathe. He knew this woman did not come from the depths of hell nor did he believe she came from his God's home with how she talked. It felt like she wasn't even from this world. As if from a whole nother dimension. It felt like his mind was splitting apart.