𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓘𝓷𝓿𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

"Clara Miller! Get down here this instant!!" That is what you woke up to your mother screaming. As you slowly sat up in your bed, the sun shined through the curtain. As you tried to focus on the birds singing all you could hear was your family downstairs rushing. What on earth are they doing up so early? "Clara Jane Miller!" As you heard your middle name you knew that something was wrong.  All the memories of what you have done in the past week came rushing to your head. Did I feed the pigs the wrong food, Did the cows run away?  As you made your way to your bedroom door, it opens and you get tumbled onto the floor. "Dear Ida, cannot you have knocked before rushing in?!" You said before standing up "Dearest apologies Clara, you have to come urgently, there is a man here for you." "A man for me? This early? Who is it?" You reply sounding frustrated. Ugh a man for me. I do not want to marry. "It does not matter dear Clara, he will be acquainted with you tonight," Ida says as she grabs a hold of your hand and takes you down the stairs. "Tonight what is tonight, Ida you must-" You say but get cut off. "Mother will explain it all to you. Please say yes Clara for me and Rose." She says.

"Finally it is about time. What a shame he has just left." Your mother says as you and Ida approach her. "You are the oldest, Ida and Rose have to wait until you are married to be an option. I want what is best for the family so you are going to Sir Williams for dinner." She said and slowly started to walk off. You loosened the grip of your little sister's hand and followed your mother "Me and arranged marriage with that... that snob of a man who is extremely rude and messy! Never in my life will I ever marry him. Haven't you heard the rumors? I shall not ..I..I will not marry him not even for.. Ros-" Your mother lifts her hand and slaps you on the cheek. You can feel the pain growing as you clench the left side of your face. The pain in your cheek starts to swell with pain, as you try to hold back tears from exiting your eyes. "Do not dare to speak the rest of that sentence Clara, you are nineteen now and over half of the women your age are happily married and have children." She remarked. "I doubt that half of them are happily married." You mutter and she turns back around. "Well whether you like it or not your going to the dinner tonight" "You cannot be serious moth-" "That is final, end of discussion." She declared and went to find your father.

"Let's get you ready Miss Clara Miller, I've picked the fanciest dress for you." The maid said as she pulled out this beautiful light blue dress "It's ok Clara is fine thank you. I do not even want to go to the dinner tonight." You say as the maid tightens your dress. "Then do not go. How about we will go to his house and give him a letter that informs him that you are unwell. As when this is happening you are still in the carriage. Then we will go to the theatre and come home." She insisted. "Wow, that is such a good idea!" You say as you look at yourself in the mirror.

"Now let us write the letter." You sit down at the desk and start to write the letter.

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓇 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂𝓈,

𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓁𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝒾𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓇. 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓈𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒾𝓃𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓃 𝓊𝓃𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝒶𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽.

𝒞𝓁𝒶𝓇𝒶 𝑀𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓇

"Let's hope that will work, we have to leave now in order to get to the theatre on time." You called out to the maid that helped you earlier while she cleaned up. As you walk out of a small room next to the lounging area where the family were all waiting for you. "Ah that should do it, now you are representing our family's name so make us proud." Your father said as he came up to you and kissed you on the forehead. Ida, Rose and your mother were all smiling at the dress that fitted you so well. "We shall get going now I suppose." You said as you hugged your sisters and mother. The door of the carriage closed and you were on your way.

After what seemed like a short ride, you were just around the corner of Sir William's mansion. "Do have the letter?" You said quickly to the maid. "No I do not, I thought you had it?" She muttered. "No no no this cannot be happening. What do I do? I cannot be here."You say with a nervous mumble. "Just stay in the carriage. Yes that has to work." The maid suggested.

The carriage pulled up next to a set of stone stairs that had beautiful flowers bordering the edges that made its way to a patio next to a seat of grand dark oak wooden doors. "So much for being unwell." You grumble as you fix your hair to be a bit more presentable. "Stay here," the maid urgently said and the carriage door was shut. You glanced out the small gap between the curtain and window.

All you could see was the maid was walking up the steps of the mansion. 'I sure hope this works.' She walks up to an old man that greets her, you can kind of picture what they are saying "Hello there you must be Clara Miller?" " Sorry to say, she has fallen unwell and I am here to tell Sir Williams. Are you he?" She says looking back and forth at the carriage while speaking. "He is inside waiting for her arrival. I shall take you to him." He requested as they both walk through the dark oat doors.

A few moments later the old man and maid come marching out. You quickly pull your head back behind the curtain to unsure you are not seen. A couple of seconds later they were followed by a tall man that must have been Sir Williams. The maid says something to the men. She starts to walk to the carriage, while they stay on the steps of the mansion. 'Oh no, what's wrong? '  The door opens and frightens you. "Oh dear do not do that to me, you could have given me a heart attack." You say as the maid climbs into the carriage. "He wouldn't accept the fact that we didn't have a handwritten letter. He was either going to your home to pick you up but then I said that you were in the carriage and he wanted me to bring you to him." She says huffing. "I have to fake being unwell, and live here?" You angrily state. "No way not in a million years." "Clara, He will be coming to the carriage in a couple of minutes. I need you to do this, just fake it for a small time and you will go home. If you do not you know the trouble this will have caused." She said trying to calm you down. "You're... You're not staying with me? I have to be here in this.. this miserable place alone with him?" You say almost on the verge of tears. "I cannot, I have to work. Not all of us can afford to marry a rich man." The maid implied. "Let's go now Clara, put that theatre performing classes to work."

You climb out of the carriage and walk up the steps to the two men. "She does not look very sick to me dear." The old man said. "She just has an upset stomach, sir." The maid stated. "Let's get you inside then." The other man said. He was tall and his skin had a tan glow to it. His hair was a chocolate brown, while his eyes were a hazel color. He was wearing a black waistcoat and black long pants. "This maid here can go get clothes from your house and bring them back, and whatever else you will need." He ordered, and with that the maid walked back down the steps and hopped into the carriage, and drove off. What am I supposed to do without any of my family here? I was only supposed to be here for a dinner, but now it looks like I will be staying here for a while. "Now let us get you resting." He said. His words were kind, there is no way that I will think for a moment that he is a nice guy.