- 10 -

Their first date was a simple one, a walk through the park as the sun set. The path was lined with cherry blossom trees, their delicate pink petals fluttering down like confetti around them. Sana's heart raced as Jungkook held her hand, his thumb brushing against her skin in a gentle rhythm that matched their footsteps. Despite the beauty of the moment, Jungkook's mind kept drifting to Rosé. Her laughter echoed in his memory, the way she used to lean into him when they walked together, the warmth of her hand in his.

He squeezed Sana's hand, trying to push the thoughts away. He knew he needed to focus on the present, on the woman standing before him, her eyes shining with hope and excitement. But the ghost of his past was a stubborn one, and he found himself comparing Sana to his lost love, searching for the familiar comfort in her touch.

Sana noticed his distraction, the way his eyes would glaze over every so often. She tried to ignore it, to enjoy the moment, but the doubt began to creep in. Was he really ready to move on? Or was she just a temporary salve for his broken heart?

They reached a bench overlooking a small pond, the water's surface reflecting the fiery hues of the setting sun. Jungkook sat down, pulling her with him. He took a deep breath, trying to center himself. He knew he had to tell her about his thoughts, to be honest, even if it might hurt her. "Sana," he began, his voice heavy with the weight of his confession. "I can't stop thinking about her."

Her smile faltered, but she nodded, understanding in her eyes. "It's okay," she said, squeezing his hand. "I know this isn't easy for you. But I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

Jungkook looked at her, his heart swelling with a mix of gratitude and guilt. He leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Thank you," he murmured. "I just need some time."

Sana nodded again, her eyes never leaving his. "Take all the time you need," she said softly. "But know that I'm here for you, through it all."

And as they sat there, the sound of the pond's gentle ripples and the distant chirp of crickets, Jungkook felt the beginnings of a new chapter in his life. He knew that his heart still held a piece of Rosé, but he also knew that Sana was someone special, someone who could help him heal. Together, they watched the sun dip below the horizon, the sky painting itself in shades of pink and orange. It was a beautiful end to a confusing day, but Sana had faith.

As they strolled back to the car, the streetlights flickered to life, casting a warm glow on the sidewalks. Jungkook suggested they grab a bite to eat at a cozy restaurant he knew nearby. The place was dimly lit, with a soft jazz melody playing in the background. The smell of sizzling meat and exotic spices wafted through the air, making Sana's stomach growl.

But as they were being led to their table, fate had other plans. In the corner booth, sitting alone with a half-empty glass of wine, was none other than Rosé herself. Sana's eyes widened in shock as she recognized her former classmate. The same person Jungkook had shared so much of his heart with, the same person whose memory had been a shadow between them all evening.

Jungkook's grip on her hand tightened, and she knew he had seen her too. The color drained from his face, and for a brief moment, she thought he might pull away. But he didn't. Instead, he took a deep breath and steered them towards the table, his steps firm and deliberate.

"Rosé," he said, his voice steady despite the turmoil in his chest. "What are you doing here?"

The shock on Rosé's face was palpable. She had never expected to run into Jungkook, let alone with another woman. Her eyes darted to Sana, then back to Jungkook, a mix of surprise and pain flickering in their depths. "Jungkook," she managed, her voice a whisper. "I... I didn't know you were dating again."

Sana felt like she was intruding on a private moment, but Jungkook squeezed her hand, urging her to stay. "This is Sana," he said, his voice a little too loud in the quiet restaurant. "We're together now."

The silence that followed was thick enough to cut with a knife. Rosé looked from Jungkook to Sana, then back again. "I see," she said finally, her voice cool and detached. "Well, congratulations."

The tension in the air was suffocating, and Sana felt a knot form in her stomach. She knew this was going to be a turning point in their relationship, a moment that would either bring them closer together or tear them apart.

"Thank you," she said, her voice shaky. "It's nice to finally meet you, Rosé."

Rosé offered a forced smile, the kind that didn't quite reach her eyes. "Likewise," she replied, her gaze lingering on their intertwined hands.

The awkwardness hung heavy between them, and Sana couldn't help but wonder if she had made a mistake. If maybe she wasn't the right person to help Jungkook move on from his past. But as they sat down to dinner, she resolved to be the one to make their future together brighter than any memory of the past could ever be.