▬ 00: YOU TOO CAN BE A WASTE OF TIME

YOU TOO CAN BE A WASTE OF TIME

               Wrath will cremate Cecilio Velez to the bone.

Their veins are a grid of tripwires and his heart a handmade nail bomb. One touch, bang! Beewolf —their personal demon manifested from childhood nightmares, a wasp striped red rather than yellow— has coerced them to be profligate with a flamethrower. There's nothing he won't burn just because they can, and that includes himself.

Cece treats their life like a game already lost: gamble it at once, never stop to consider the consequences.

Until those consequences pile up too high to ignore.

With twenty pages of misdemeanours stapled to their name, no foster home in Greater Manchester will have him and they're forced to live with their martyr of an elder brother. And when he's about to be expelled from his fifth school, even Nicolás has had enough. The threat is made clear: get expelled and get sent to Oak Shaw Group Home for Troubled Teens.

With no intention to move to fucking West Country, Cece scampers to clean up their act. That's to say, to do the bare minimum not to get expelled.

But when you've spent a decade replacing your vital organs with explosives, it's hard to remove them without annihilation.

I LOATHE PEOPLE WHO KEEP DOGS. THEY ARE COWARDS WHO HAVEN'T GOT THE GUTS TO BITE PEOPLE THEMSELVES

august strindberg, a madman's diary