PROLOGUE

"Welcome back!"

"Smile here, Miss Athena!"

"Miss Athena, over here!"

A clicked of a plenty camera went to my face. Maraming reporter ang sumalubong sa'kin matapos naming lumabas ng airport.

"Hello, thank you so much." I said, waving my hand and giving them a sweet smile. I wore my sunglasses to protect my eyes from the sunlight.

"You're so gorgeous," A girl holding a phone went closer to me, she tapped her recorder to record my voice.

"You too. How are you?" I asked, still smiling. A lot of people tried to get my autograph and some of my bodyguards tried to push them away from me.

"No, it's fine, Randle." I held his arm, he's the bodyguard that I trust the most. He nod, put his hand down, and went beside me.

"Can I ask a question?" A guy wearing a formal suit approached in front of me. Wait a sec. I know him! He's Calixto, the famous news anchor!

"Yeah, sure." I looked away as I felt my cheek blush. Well, he's been my crush since high school. Still can't believe that he's asking me a question.

"What are you planning to do now you came back?" He asked with a thick British accent. He put the microphone closer, then the camera continues clicking.

"Actually, I don't have any plans yet but I'm thinking about a fund raising to help an orphanage." I honestly said.

Ever since I joined this pageant, I'm planning to do that even if I didn't get the crown. I also love kids so I am willing to help them.

"That's nice, well what can we expect from you." he chuckled. Inabot niya 'yung microphone sa camera man niya saka naglabas ng phone. "Can we take a selfie?"

I take off my sunglasses. "Of course," I smiled, widely.

He raised one of his forefinger, that means number one. I did the same, then lalo pang lumakas 'yung sigawan ng mga media.

"Thank you," he scratched his head. Ngiti nalang 'yung sinagot ko sa kaniya.

"Miss Athena, are you going back to showbiz?" Tanong ng isang babae sa gilid ko, nakikipag sisikan talaga siya para ma-interview ako.

"Yes. I'll be back, soon." I keep smiling kahit na nanginginig na 'yung cheeks ko kakangiti.

"Miss Athena!"

"Yes?" I shifted my head to another girl who called my name.

"About your mom, why she's not here? Isn't she proud because you won the crown?" Nilibot niya 'yung paningin na parang may hinahanap.

I stayed silent, kahit ayokong magsalita kailangan parin because they are all waiting for my respond. "I know she's proud of me, I received a message from her. They're all busy that's why they didn't make it." And that's a lie.

"Athena, how about the issue between you and your boyfriend?" I looked at my left side, I don't know if that's only me but I saw her eyes rolled up.

"That's only an issue, it's not true. I don't even have a boyfriend." I shook my head in disappointment. Aish. I hate fake news.

She asked me again. "A lot of people doesn't like your answer during Miss Universe Philippines. Can you tell us how did you won? Did your family payed the judges so—"

"Really? What's wrong with you?" I want to slap her face but I controlled myself, I don't want to look bad. "That's not true. It's just a rumor, so they can ruined my reputation." My jaw clenched.