034

The black SUV pulled up at Wanda's, Celeste jumped out "are you sure you don't mind waiting Daniel? You can come and grab coffee with us!"

"Miss Song it's perfectly fine, it's my job. I'll be here when you need me."

Celeste felt bad, but she knew James would kill her if she just told him to go back to the complex. She pushed the café door open to Wanda beaming at her from behind the counter "Ce it's SO good to see you, I'm excited for today. What would you like? Jas is just over on your couch." She rounded the counter, embracing her in a hug.

Celeste held onto Wanda a little tighter, she'd missed her. She felt a overwhelming comfort with her "I'm so sorry I haven't been around as much Wands, there's been a lot going on"

"Don't be so silly, you can tell me everything today!" She scrunched her nose up and smiled at her "I'll bring the coffees over"

"Hey babe" Celeste slumped down next to Jas who was intensely staring at her phone.

"Hey!" She looked up from her phone "sorry, was just reading up on this Pierce guy"

"What? Why! Jas, you shouldn't..."

"Ce, my best friend got threatened and now my boyfriend's going back to training with your assassin of a man. I want to know what he's capable of. I'm surprised you were even allowed out the apartment today."

"Yeah about that..."

Jas rolled her eyes "is James here?"
"No Jas he's not, I know he's not your favourite person right now but please see that he's doing the best he can. And you're going to dislike him more after this morning."

Wanda put down the coffee's as Jas snapped "oh for fucks sake what has he done now?"

Celeste looked up to Wanda awkwardly "I told you I had a lot to tell you, you best get comfortable."

Celeste recapped everything to Wanda, her and James' whirlwind romance, how great the bar was looking, the guy threatening her and Steve which brought her to this morning.

"So I woke up and James wasn't in bed, I thought he'd be out in the kitchen worrying about everything but he wasn't there. I rang Jas and Steve hadn't seen him either"

Jas picked up her mug "I don't think I want to hear the rest of this" she sat back taking a mouthful of coffee. Wanda reached forward and rubbed Celeste's leg, comforting her "come on, vent to us it's why we're here. Actually, James was here this morning! He got you guys coffee when he asked us to the party." Wanda looked confused.

"He came back into the apartment, told me he went to get us coffee. Then I noticed his knuckles were cut and bloody"

"Oh for fucks sake!" Jas exclaimed putting her head in her hands "what has he done?" Wanda looked at Celeste with concern "what happened?"

Celeste took a deep breath "he went to find the guy that threatened us and he beat him to a pulp." She sighed shrugging her shoulders.

"If you want to send a message, text them! Don't go attacking people!" Jas hissed into a whisper.

"I know Jas, we had a huge argument this morning, it was horrible. I care for him so much and it scares me to think he's in some kind of danger. But he's promised to tell me and talk to me about everything. He just wants to protect us, so he has insisted Daniel drives us today - hence the black SUV outside"

"Jeez Louise, this is heavy Ce. Are you sure you want to be caught up in all of this?" Wanda shuffled in her seat.

"I'm not leaving him because of this, we all have past's. I trust him."