Memory Lane pt.1

Well, now that Y/n had finally been freed of the feelings holding her back, it was time to have some fun on her own, right? I mean she would if she was human... She would be out participating in some post breakup clubbing, maybe have a hot girl summer. Things like that.

    Too bad she was confined to a tiny office, unable to even indulge in activities that made her happy as a ghost. She had been forbidden to bless any couples as of late. Hanako decided that it would have been best for her to stay in her office after the encounter with Tsukasa. 

Wait

Why was Y/n even listening to that kid anyways? She's the adult in the situation, and seems to be the only person in this damn school who can act like one. With these thoughts, Y/n stood, and marched to her door, swinging it open and taking a deep breath of the.. slightly less stuffy air. 

"That was... anticlimactic to say the least." Y/n sighed bitterly, looking to her left at the various windows, showing the painted skies beyond. She hadn't been paying attention. How late was it anyways? Y/n peeked her head back into her office, noting the time. 

"5:45... no wonder it's so quiet..." She shrugged and walked to the windows, setting her hands on the windowsill as she watched the sun set. A feeling of sadness washed over the woman as she did so, remembering all the times she had done this with her ex-husband. "Stupid emotions... always fucking things up..." 

Y/n couldn't help but let her mind wander back to her life, reminiscing the two years she was married.

Y/n held the Tsuchigomori man's hand as they walked back to their apartment, love very clearly present between them. The two had been happily married for a month, and Y/n was hiding some amazing news. When they got home, Y/n began making dinner, while Tsuchi sat at the table, grading papers. Once she had finished cooking, she sat across from him, setting his plate before him.

"How was Amane today?" She took a bite of her food. 

"He's okay.. though he had a couple more bruises." He took a bite as well, continuing to grade the papers. Y/n fidgeted nervously, holding a small box in her lap.

"Tsuchi, I have a surprise for you..!" She smiled, her hands shaking as she held out the box to him. Tsuchigomori set his pen aside and took the box, looking at it questioningly as he took off the ribbon. Laid gently in the box was a piece of paper, one word circled in a red ink. 

"You're pregnant..?" His eyes had gone the size of his plate, his face as pale as the papers he was grading.

"Surprise..!" Y/n blushed, an excited and nervous glint in her eyes. She did little nervous jazz hands, failing to read his reaction properly.

"Y/n, don't you see that this is a horrible time to be pregnant..? We're both swamped with work. Not to mention we need both of our checks to stay afloat! If you can't work, we'll have to move.. and our child won't be able to live a happy life..." He sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose. "If you have the kid, you'll have to put it up for adoption. I don't want to have some kid's grubby hands on me anyways.. even if it's my own."

Y/n felt her heart sink to her stomach. Tears welled up in her eyes as she relived that memory, gently setting a hand on her stomach, she continued to stare out at the bustling city, now shrouded by night. She wished she hadn't lost her child, and kicked herself for not leaving after that moment.

 Too late now. 

Not like she can go back in time and fix it, and it isn't like he loved her enough to give her a reason to.