Memory Lane pt.2

Y/n looked away from the window, her bitter mood now reflected by the changing weather outside. She turned to wander the school, accepting the comforting sound of the rain pelting the building. Y/n wandered aimlessly, trying to avoid any specter who happened to be in the same area.

     Sadly enough her effort was in vain. She saw none other than Tsuchigomori. She turned on her heel to start walking the other direction, but was met with Hanako. She paused and hissed out to the younger spirit, "I'm not talking to him."

Hanako smiled and poked her cheek, "Absolutely you are!"

Y/n sighed and turned on her heel. Her stare was cold, and when Tsuchigomori saw it, he felt a shiver run down his spine. What had happened to the bright and sweet woman he knew? What was with the sudden change in attitude? His head tilted slightly, taking a step to her.

"Y/n? Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine. Thank you for asking." Her tone was short, and abrupt. Her glare proved otherwise. "I'm just getting over someone is all."

"Oh.. well.. I'm sorry that I haven't spoken to you that often. Yako said something about you not wanting to see anyone- and since you're always confined in that office of yours, I figured it had to be true."

     Y/n's mood soured further at the mention of that woman's name. So she was the reason that nobody had come to visit. Unsurprising.

"Well, she was wrong. I was wondering why I never had any company. I was worried I had said something." Y/n folded her hands behind her back, closing off her body language. "Of course Hanako is telling us to stay in our respective parts of the building. That's another reason I don't leave often. Not much worth leaving to see over here."

     A corner of Tsuchigomori's lip curled up in a smile. His library was still in an area she could visit, so hearing her sarcasm so blatantly amused him. He couldn't remember the last time she was sarcastic. He can only remember the little wife who did everything exactly as he asked.. The dutiful wife who always had dinner ready no matter how tired she was. The woman who was excited to carry one of his children. He remembered how she tried to hide her mourning when she lost the child in question.

    Y/n noticed Tsuchigomori getting lost in thought. She decided to give him his privacy and say her goodbyes. Tsuchigomori watched as she walked back to her office. He remembered the couple of times she had walked back there crying. Crying because of him. He remembered all the times she would drop what she was doing to clean the house to his liking. He remembered how she would fall asleep at the dinner table and he would just leave her there, contrasting what she would do when he fell asleep there. She would always put a pillow under his head and a blanket over his shoulders. When he would yell at her about needing space, she wouldn't think twice about sleeping on the floor of the bedroom or the couch in the living room. He would constantly complain about her touching him in public or private, pushing her away when she did. He always felt that he could have done better. Though now that he was truly looking back on it, he can't think of any other human he would have rather spent his life with.

Thinking back on it, Tsuchigomori realized something.

He was a shitty husband.

Hello my loves! I'm back with a new chappy-chap. I hope it gave your heartstrings a little tug!