Prologue.

December 13th, 1979; Grimmauld Place

"Are you sure?" Remus asked in surprise, looking at his boyfriend in shock as he cradled a baby in his arms

"Are you sure?" Remus asked in surprise, looking at his boyfriend in shock as he cradled a baby in his arms. Sirius nodded in confirmation as he looked down towards his daughter that was cooing up at Remus. 

"She's our daughter. I've done every spell I could think of to make sure it was correct and accurate. It is." Sirius responded as Remus motioned to hold her. Sirius passed over the baby girl who giggled and squealed in excitement at being held by her other father. 

"Bu-but it's not possible! I-it should be impossible." Remus responded in shock, holding the little girl protectively. 

"I know, Rem, I know. Believe me, I do." Sirius responded, "She's a miracle." He added. "A gift to us, like Lily with their little boy. She thought she couldn't get pregnant yet here she is, a month to two months pregnant." Sirius continued. 

"Three." Remus responded subconsciously. Sirius chuckled as the little girl giggled a bit as she looked around curiously. "Our little Miracle, huh?" Remus asked, hope in his voice. 

"Most Definitely. Can you pick her first name? I had an idea for her middle, but you should pick the first." Sirius asked, Remus looked up. Shock and happiness filling his being. 

"Sure... Yeah... Yeah I can." He mumbled, completely captured by the little girl in his arms, who seemed to know that she had his attention. Wrapped around her little tiny finger. Miracle child, she needs a name that's fitting though. "Genevieve." He murmured. "Black. Genevieve Black." Remus looked up at Sirius as his eyes widened. 

"Black? You want... You want to take my last name?" Sirius asked in shock. Remus nodded, holding Genevieve in one arm and cupping Sirius's face with his other hand. Kissing him gently and sweetly before pulling away. 

"Yes. I do." Remus nodded. They looked down at the little girl when she huffed in annoyance. "Yes Genevieve?" He asked her, she giggled and kicked her feet up, Remus quickly moved his other arm back down and held her more stably. 

"Genevieve Nadira Black." Sirius cooed at her. Remus smiled as kissed her forehead, holding her protectively.

October 31st, 1980;  Potter Household