The darkest day

Chapter One

"You need to clean the guest rooms downstairs." my mom says.

"Both of them?" I ask, a little annoyed.

"Yes, Tara. Go clean both of them. We have guests coming." She says.

"Who?" I ask.

"My friend, Marla needs to come live with us for about 5-6 months. She is also bringing her two sons and her 4 year old daughter." she says.

"Okay mom." I say.

I grab the vacuum and the broom and head downstairs. I go into the first guestroom and start cleaning. I find the duster in the closet and dust the fan. Then I vacuum the carpet. The bed needed to be made.

I go in the other room and follow all of the same steps. Accept, I had to sweep the wooden floor. So, once all of that was done I decided to go upstairs. My mom is baking cookies now, and the smell spreads throughout the house.

"Oh great! They are here!" She sings.

"How old are they?" I ask, before we go to greet them.

"Casi is five years old. Kyle and Rowan are both around your age. I am pretty sure Kyle is one year older than Rowan. It may be the other way, I don't know. Let's go greet them." She says.

"Okay." I mumble.

I walk out and immediately get hit by the hot air. I should have seen it coming because I was wearing a sweater and leggings. A little girl with blonde, curly hair gets out of the minivan. Two guys follow behind her. One has light brown/Carmel hair, green eyes,and a white smile. The other has dark brown hair, Brown eyes, and really pink lips

They walk to the back if the van and grab their suitcases. I only see three being pulled out and they look worn. Their are four people and three suitcases. Not that it really matters...I just notice these kind of things.

"Marla! Long trip up?" my mom asks.

"Tell me about it." Marla laughs. "Who is this?"

"Hi, my name is Tara." I say, holding my hand out.

She shakes it.

"This is, Casi." she says.

I give her a small hug.

"This is Kyle." she says, mentioning towards Carmel hair.

he shakes my hand without a smile.

He obviously doesn't like me.

"and this is Rowan." She finishes, nudging the guy with brown hair.

I put out my hand but he doesn't take it. He walks past me with one of the suitcases. He definitely doesn't like me. Looks like Marla and Casi are the only ones that like me. It doesn't matter. For these few months I will probably be in my room.

"Let's go inside." My mom says.

We all follow her inside, and I offer to take a suitcase, but Marla says no. I just walk in. I have to show Kyle and Rowan their room, while my mom shows Marla hers. The two of them walk silently behind me down the stairs.

"So here is your room." I say, shyly.

"Thanks." Kyle mutters.

"Yeah." Rowan says.

"The bathroom is down the hall." I say.

They both murmer "okay" in sync. Then I decide to walk away. They aren't the friendliest people obviously. I am going to go in my room and read. That's one thing I do when I have time. I like reading romance, drama, and horror books.