Chapter 5: The Black Haired Tenshi

Inuyasha's POV

I hated being in the middle of traveling when the new moon was near. Good thing Kagome decided she needed to go home for supplies and school, whatever that was, and hitched a ride on Kirara. I could hardly protect her last time in my human state. Those spiderheads could have killed her. I grew anxious at the thought as we walked back.

"Master Inuyasha?"

"Didn't I tell you to cut the master crap?" I turned to Chidori.

"Oh. Mm." She halted lifting a hand to her chin. To my surprise her expression was much more lighter than it had been when we first met.

"What is it?" I questioned. She continue toward me inviting me to walk along with her.

"I can feel that you are anxious. May I ask what about?" She asked sifting through the feathers at the end of her wing. She could feel that I was anxious?

"It's nothing." I lied. It was quiet for a moment as we walked. I peeked at Chidori in the corner of my eye.
"A human's heart...their emotions, their memories...their passion."

That's what she said. My mothers memories. Everything about me. Everything about my father.

"Your mother loved you Inuyasha. She felt great pity for the way you had to exist. She is so proud of the category you have placed yourself." She spoke.

How did she know what I was thinking? I stared at the ground thinking of the memories of my mother.

"Your mother knew your father never hated you. She knew he was never ashamed of you." She continued. Father.

"How'd yo--"

"I never knew what your mother meant when she said I would be connected to you. Now I do."

Connected? I directed my gaze from her to infront of me catching Miroku, Sango and Shippo with their heads turned to listen.

"What do you three think your doing!?" I shouted. They jumped looking back with guilt.

"We were merely checking our surroundings." Miroku grinned. They all looked right and left.

"Yep all clear!" Sango giggled as they both hurried farther infront of us.

"Ya liars." I growled.

"I am amused by your friends." Chidori chuckled.

"Don't say it like that! Their your friends too." I said feeling a little to wimpy.

"Don't expect me to be this nice all the time. Your just like everyone else!" I grunted before leaping ahead of her and everyone else. The thing was she WAS different she could feel the real me. The fear I might have, the sympathy I shouldn't have. A little too connected if you asked me.

"Can we get going!? The sun will set soon!" I called back.

Chidori POV

That evening just before the sun had set we reached a small village.

"Miroku!" A village woman exclaimed.

"Hello beautiful! Excuse me guys I have some things to tend to." He chuckled sliding from the group to the village women that began grouping around Miroku.

"Ugh that dirty monk." Sango growled. I looked to Sango.

"We should introduce you to Lady Kaede." She sighed. I nodded before looking for Inuyasha. He had dissappeared.

"Where has Inuyasha gone?" I asked following Sango.

"He rather be alone on nights like these." Shippo shrugged. Nights like these?