Chapter Four: Who Wrote The Message?

     I wait a few seconds, then gain the courage and decide to open the door. My hands start to shake as I unlock it, second guessing myself. I look back at the mirror...the message is no longer there, but it still burns through my soul...haunting me that someone was actually in the bathroom with me.

  The thought of why whoever that was didn't harm or even kill me, flashes in the back of my mind...but quickly fades as I focus my attention back to the unlocked bathroom door. My hands aren't the only thing shaking now...it's moved to my arms and my heart pounds so loud that my chest actually starts to shake.

  I slowly open it...the more it opens, the more I feel like throwing up. As it opens all the way, it reveals nothing. Relieved, I catch my breath...unaware I was even holding it.

  "Hello?" I barely choke out the words, immediately regretting my action. I walk incredibly quiet back to my room, "Harry?" I whisper. I open the door to the room and it reveals an empty room. My heart starts to increase, but then a flow of calmness takes over.

  "Ha. Ha. You guys are so funny." I walk out of the room, into the hallway. I shake my head at these stupid boys and their stupid pranks....probably did it because of how I acted earlier...I'll admit, I deserve this...I overreacted. "You got me!" I yell, getting closer to the living room. "I'm sorry, okay?" I say in a softer voice. As I get in the living room, I see nobody is here.

     "This isn't funny..." I trail off, getting the feeling that I'm talking to myself. "Harry? Liam?...Niall?" My voice slowly becomes quieter with each name. "Danielle?..." I whisper, realizing that I'm truly by myself. As I look around, I notice the front door unlocked.

  Chills immediately shoot down my body, while my heart picks up pace. I know I locked that door...it has to be the boys. No question about it. "I know you guys are home..." I yell, my voice sounding shaky and defeated...unsure if they really are home or not. I still get no response.

  "Seriously, enough. I get it...I'm sorry!" Still getting no response...I don't know whether to be scared or pissed at their little game. I decide to put an end to it. I open the front door, "You guys are stupid." I put my head out the door confident that the boys will get caught. I turn towards the driveway, "The car is right..." I trail off as my heart drops to my stomach, realizing that there is no car. I quickly look around and don't see it anywhere. My heart beats dramatically fast and I can barely breathe. I quickly shut the door and automatically lock it.

     I look around, making sure I'm still the only one. I hold on to my towel, tightly, and then run as fast as I can to my room. The second I get in, I shut the door and lock it quickly. I scurry to the pile of clothes on the floor and throw them to the side, looking for the shorts with my phone in the pocket. I look at the floor covered with clothes; unable to find it...when I realize that I got undressed in the bathroom. Shit. There's no way I'm going back out there. I'm staying in here until the boys come back.

  I go to the wall, farthest from the door and lean against it. I slide my weak body down the wall, until my knees are in my face. I take a moment to calm myself down. So many thoughts run through my mind, it's too overwhelming to just focus on one thing. Until it hits me...somebody really wants me to leave.

  I rub my legs, trying to calm my nerves as much as possible. I close my eyes, clear my mind, take an incredibly deep breath, and try to shake it off. Whoever was here...is gone. Thinking back from earlier, my nerves start to truly go away, thinking that Jesse probably did it as a stupid joke...I wonder how he'd have a key...maybe they hide an extra key somewhere outside, and he saw them get it. That has to be it. After a few minutes of getting myself together, I get up and get dressed.