A Game of Truths

"I would much like to discuss your childhood some more, Dax said that is where a lot of-"

 "I don't have a trauma doctor, just a nasty little habit that needs breaking," Garak leaned up against a nearby rock with his arms crossed genuinely curious to see how the doctor was planning to handle the situation. 

Doctors and counselors all were in the same sicky blue uniforms for very different purposes. From what he knew about Julian he approached most things relating to his job analytically. Counseling though seemed more in the direction of feelings over lists. 

"A little habit?" Julian piped up flabbergasted. He sat in front of Garak with his legs crossed and arms resting in his lap. 

"You tried to throw yourself out of an airlock!" Garak groaned and leaned his head back against the rock.

"Doctor, I would much prefer we steer away from topics like that. The memory disturbs me," Julian immediately looked apologetic. He had been so used to converting with Garak in such a way he didn't blame him. He in reality didn't even need to play his little counselor game since Ezri would be coming soon...even though he hated the term it was just babysitting. 

He could very well tell Ezri they had unpacked loads and loads of information without it being remotely true. But Julian was too good to lie about that...he felt he must draw out this game without even knowing Garak was planning on reversing it as soon as possible.

 "Right, sorry...sorry. Um...well we must talk about something. How about you tell me about-" Garak quickly interrupted once more. Even though it was very rude in Garak's eyes the only element he had against Julian was the real element of surprise. 

"What is wrong doctor?" Julian looked surprised from being interrupted once again. The sheer amount of unguarded confusion on his face was enough to make Garak quirk his lip up slightly. Enough to show he was amused at the reaction but not so much that the doctor wouldn't feel uncomfortable delving into HIS feeling a touch more. After all, that was far more interesting to Garak. 

"Nothing is wrong with me Garak," Garak titled his head.

"That's not what I have deducted. For a while now something has seemed rather....off...with you doctor," Julian took a moment to stretch his arms.

"I know what you're doing Garak," Julian met his eyes once more with a rather serious look. Garak being as smooth as ever to get out of having to talk about himself to the doctor decided he needed to either play dumb or stop beating around the bush.

"Yes you do, having a lovely conversation with my wonderful counselor," He tried the playing dumb approach once more. He also threw in a compliment being curious at whether or not the other still had the rather grand ego he could play to. The doctor smirked at the remark.

"You know, for a spy sometimes you can be a lousy liar," Garak grinned.

"Spy? No, my dear, tailors don't need to be particularly good at lying one would hope their tailor is as honest with their customers as possible for fear of advertising questionable fashion," 

"Well they don't have to be particularly good at lying yet you seem to have a knack," 

"I suppose lying can't be avoided at ALL times, even back when I was a gardener I was put in a couple of trading situations that weren't very ideal. You don't want to be caught negotiating with a Ferengi when it comes to your MOBA fruit seeds. I ended up having to try and convince this particularly shrew-like Ferengi my run of the mill seeds were Beauregard seeds," Garak had purposely chosen such a common seed to use in his story to let on to the doctor that he was lying.