Mint's sides

'Do your best my daughter and we're sorry'

"They even waste a written paid mail for this." She muttered under her breath.

It sounded bitter but her heart felt otherwise. She never thought they would did this little effort for her.

Kwon Eunbi smiles smugly, her fingertips gliding across the handwritten words. 'Who would have thought?' she thought.

After years of not having a pinch of connection to her parents, a post mail suddenly pops out of nowhere. It's all mixed up, her feelings. Should she felt relieved that her parents seemed to finally accept her chosen path? or should she feel negative about this?.

Closing her eyes for a brief moment, she then folded neatly the paper and placed it back the envelope. She knew that no matter how confused she was at the moment, her parents is her parents. Not just by the label but because of how she love them. It's unconditional. No matter how many years they shut her out she would still feel the same for them. That's how great her love for her parents, nothing can change it. She might felt annoyed or mad but that doesn't take an ounce of her love.

Even if they didn't support her with her passion in singing, the reason they shut her out. It also made her do a living for her own. It was tough for her, working in part time and training at the same time. It's hard but she made it, she debuted and her family were okay with it now.

Everything seemed so bright at Eunbi. What could go wrong?

.

"President-nim, you were looking for me?"

"Ah yes please sit down" He then gestured at the seat in front of him.

Kim Chaewon slowly obeyed. To say that she's scared, she is. The President's office wasn't full of nice memories for her. Her hands dampen quickly, the squeaky sound the leather seat made once she sat on it doesn't help positively with her nervousness at all.

When she look at the middle-aged man in front of her. Her breath was caught on her throat.

A smirk was shamelessly displayed across his face, liking the situation but the other person in the room felt way off.

"W-What is it President-nim?" Chaewon's heart felt it, the nervousness her brain was sending. The way she stuttered made her feel so small. The man leaned back to her seat, quite comfortable on his own ego.

"Well.. seems like the group you are in is doing great, isn't it?" The man said and asked, Chaewon could feel the darkness in a simple statement.

She panicked, she didn't know if she should answer it. She didn't know if the group is doing great either. Still debating with her thoughts, she didn't realised thst she left the question hanging.

The President sighed loudly. "I know.." Chaewon's head snapped back towards the him, bewildered with the sudden change of tone and words. ".. I know we didn't have a good relationship.." He look sternly towards her. And she knows it, what he's talking about. She knew it well.

".. and I put your profile in that audition and you debuted now. I hope that close what we have. Okay? You may go now."

Chaewon stood up and bowed, leaving the office without giving him another glance.

.

"You did cutely great today Chaewon-ah"

Choi Yena's duck face emerges from her back. Chaewon smiles slightly, "Really? Thank you" she said before closing the faucet and looking at herself through the mirror.