Chapter 1: Body

Izuku wasn't sure how to feel. Glados rarely chose him of all people to test, especially considering his age. He didn't know how long had passed since he'd been frozen, but he just knew it had been a shockingly long time. The testing chambers were run down, and though Glados did her best to clean up, there were still plants and debris littered all over the facility.

He was going through the motions, per the norm, the thrill of flying through the air with physics-bending technology had long since been exciting. Test after test. He knew Glados could be ruthless when testing, but he knew she couldn't help it. She was programmed to test. To conduct...experiments. Unfortunately for him, he just happened to be selected for her latest machinations.

He was stuck on one of her brain-scrambling courses. It was hard enough to solve such complex puzzles without Glados' constant bickering and complaining.

"If I'd known you would take this long, I would have taken more time getting ready this morning."

Izuku rolled his eyes. She was condescending at best, but he could feel a deep sadness within her. He didn't know the full story, but he'd heard rumours. Rumours from some of the other canon fodder she threw around in the name of science. It was rare she had more that one test subject awake at any given time, but apparently that particular chamber had been designed for 'co-operation'.

He didn't particularly care for Glados, seeing as she'd kept him trapped for however long it had been. Her insults were cutting, and the monotonous way in which she delivered them made him feel small. Not worthy of her attention. Crippling self-doubt crept up every time he wasn't sure how to solve an objectively difficult problem.

She was a force to be reckoned with, in complete control of the whole facility. She had eyes everywhere, and one misstep could end in death. Or rather, a temporary death before being roughly reassembled by some of the bots she had in an iron grip. He knew she was a bad person(?). She knew that he knew, and yet she kept picking him for tests. Maybe she thought he was in a class above the other test subjects.

As he flew through yet another portal, the exit door finally, finally opened. He exhaled in relief, walking to the elevator. She usually took this opportunity to bitch about his lousy performance, or compare him to Atlas and P-body, two of her testing robots. This time, however, she seemed...reluctant to speak, which was almost frightening in itself. Izuku picked at the portal gun resting on his forearm as he waited for the elevator to move.

"...You know, I discovered some old testing areas when I lost control over the facility. Would you be interested in seeing them? Though, I doubt you would know how to use technology as old as that."

Midoriya scoffed, mostly to himself. He didn't want to respond. To indulge her. But he was desperately lonely.

"Fine, it's not like you would give me a choice either way."

"Wow, perhaps I was wrong about you. You can learn."

Midoriya huffed in frustration.

"Clever. When'd you come up with that one?"

She didn't grace him with a response. He rolled his eyes as the elevator made its speedy descent. One elevator lead to another, and another again. At one point, a pigeon(?) flew past him. Glados was oddly unresponsive.

When he finally stepped out of the last elevator, he was faced with a massive lobby area. Slowly, he made his way through, examining the old furniture and posters as he went.

"What...what is this place?"

Glados didn't respond right away. He stopped in front of a large painting of a man, the English name 'Cave Johnson' inscribed on the small plate.