Chapter 5: Replay

"Aizawa! Thank you for meeting me on such short notice."

Aizawa sat down across from the detective.

"Of course, what can I help you with?"

Tsukauchi lay his briefcase on the coffee table between them, pulling out an assortment of sheets.

"It took a while, but I got everything you asked of me. Let's see here, his new birth certificate, some information about his health and a list of relatives we could find."

Aizawa perked up a bit.

"Perfect, please, enlighten me."

"Well, his birth certificate was a lot easier to make than I'd actually thought. According to an agent I spoke with it's a lot more common than people think. His date of birth, as he requested was kept the same, and we had to make up some parents. They guaranteed no one will question it, so I guess we'll have to trust them on that."

Aizawa nodded, eyeing the certificate with scrutiny. It looked real. It kind of spooked him a bit.

"Next, the DNA test we ran on him revealed that he's actually fifteen, not thirteen like he thought. In fact, his body seems to be a bit advanced for his age. I suppose it's as normal as it can be, considering what he went through. The tests confirmed that he is healthy, but we noticed one strange thing in his DNA."

Aizawa raised an eyebrow.

"He has quirk factor."

Aizawa recoiled slightly.

"Quirk factor? But...he shouldn't have anything close to it. Did they confirm anything else about it? Does he have a quirk he doesn't know about?"

Tsukauchi looked at him sympathetically.

"Yes, I'm afraid it's hard to say, conclusively, why he has quirk factor. They couldn't figure anything else out, to my knowledge, but it's likely. We can't check his toe bones because, during his physical examination, his doctor found that he has three, as opposed to one bone. It's mind boggling, really."

Aizawa took a deep breath through his nose. This was going to take a hell of a lot of time to explain to the kid. Midoriya already had enough on his mind, what with the entrance exam coming up and his 'research' into why his portals work.

"Okay, okay okay. Anything else?"

Tsukauchi held up the last sheet.

"His relatives. We found files on his mother and sister, but nothing about his father or his brother."

"Brother? He had a brother?"

Tsukauchi looked up in surprise.

"He didn't mention him to you?"

"No? I mean, he doesn't really talk about his family at all, but he's mentioned his parents and his sister offhandedly a few times."

Tsukauchi scratched his chin.

"That is odd. But getting back on track, we found his mother's file. She died three years after he can last recall seeing his family. It was logged as natural causes, but I'm not sure what they were. As for his sister? She apparently was put into a foster system for a few years, before settling down herself."

"So you're saying..."

"Yep, she had children. We managed to track down Midoriya's closest living descendant to a 'Midoriya Inko'. Lucky for us, she lives in Musutafu! Unfortunately for us, she lost her son recently. We did get into contact with her and she said she'd be more than happy to meet him."