Ch 16

Warning: mentions abuse and rape. dont read if the topic is sensitive for you. 

Avery's Pov: 

"Avery." Kelly quietly approached me after shutting the door of the restaurant. "Did he do something to you?" 

"H-e..umm..n-no." I panicked and she picked me up again, moving me so I was straddling her lap. 

"He did. You don't have to lie to me sweetheart." She comforted me. 

I fell into her, finally relaxing myself and allowing the truth to flow out. "Yea, he did." 

"I'm gonna need to know what he did sweetheart. Can you tell me?" She asked, rubbing my back for comfort. 

"He took me that night, when I went missing. And he-he umm he used me. When I misbehaved or didn't pleasure him, he'd hurt me." I felt her tense up and she stopped rubbing my back, pushing me away from her chest so she could look into my eyes. 

"It's gonna be alright sweetie. I'm not gonna let him get you again okay?" She reassured me and I let out a choked sob. 

"I feel disgusting." I let out through my cries. 

"It's gonna be okay. It'll be hard but we'll help you through it." She promised me and I nodded in her chest. And it was going to be okay. Even though at that moment everything seemed quite hopeless I still knew that Kelly was going to be by my side and that was all the reassurance needed. 

-------

 10 years later: 

Kelly helped me get the police involved and soon enough Ferris was charged with sexual assault and child abuse. The zoo opened as we racked in tons of money which helped go to next years building and the lawyers. Nolan actually came to the opening of the zoo and it turns out he had stopped with the drugs and alcohol. 

We stayed friends for a while but got together again years later. He never pressured me into anything and we didn't do it for years until I gave him consent. We married when we were both 23 and got pregnant with a baby girl a couple months later. She was named Reagan Kelly Scott. I graduated from MIT with a bachelors degree in life sciences so I could become a zookeeper when Kelly retired. 

Kelly got married to my dad after I turned 18. We called everyday through college and she cried when I told her I Reagan's middle name. I was still scarred from what happened when I was a teen but with the help of Nolan, Kelly, and my father I got through it. Now I was living happily near the zoo with my one year old baby and my husband. 

---------

A/n: I was going to try to write the final zoo scenes but I had no idea how to transition it and I didn't want to drag the story on my making chapters on the law stuff that happened so I just decided to end it here. Anyways I hope you enjoyed the story, even though my writing probably wasn't the best you've seen. 

For my next book I want to do a Natasha Romanoff one, but I don't know if I should have the main character be Natasha's daughter or love interest. I also need a name. Any input would be amazing. :) Have a good day!