PRELUDE

DELICATE PETALS ON SUNFLOWERS
0. PRELUDE

AUGUST 2008

AUGUST 2008

Sixteen-year-old Abel Anderson is sitting on his girlfriend Angelina's bedroom floor with her head on his lap as she listens to the playlist he made for.

Abel knew how much Angelina loved music, and he combined a playlist of her top songs. He thought it would help her relax and stay calm.

Everyone called Angelina Angel as she was her father and mother's, angel. Abel likes the name adoring to call his sweet love Angel.

After she had listened to the last song, Angel opened her eyes and looked up at Abel with a bright smile. "So you like?"

"I more than like it. I love it," she says, lifting her head from his lap. "Well, I'm glad you love it," he chuckled, planting a kiss on her forehead. Abel grabs Angelina's hand, intertwining their fingers. Soon his other hands reach the side of her face, and the duo leans in, softly connecting their lips, kissing each other slowly. 

The kiss that sparks between the two is a kiss to be remembered, for this will be their last kiss before tragedy strikes Angel and her family, with the line of trauma that would follow her for the rest of her life. 

Abel and Angel's relationship wasn't your typical teenage puppy love story. Their love story is bigger and stronger than any love story told in the eyes of a teenager. Their love was a kind of love that it would take centuries to find something close to it. 

Abel cared deeply for Angel and would die for her. He could not pretend that she meant the world to him or Angel. To Angel, Abel was the soulmate she had been waiting all her life for. He was her other half, and only death could tear them apart, or so they thought. 

Angel pulls away from the kiss, smiling at her boyfriend, who gives her the same bright smile in return. "I love you," he says, which melts Angel's heart. Even though he tells it to her every day, the feeling she gets in her stomach never goes away every time the word falls from his lips. 

"I love you more," She tells him, and Abel pulls her closer, sitting her down on his lap. He pushes her hair out of her face, feeling secure in her eyes. "No, I love you more. You have no idea how much I love you." 

"Aww, now you have made my heart melt," Angel says, wrapping her arms around his neck. She grabs the earbuds connected to her iPod, putting one in her ear and the other in Abel's ear. She puts on her favorite song, 'I could fall in love' by Selena.  from the playlist that Abel created, turning up the volume.

Angel pressed her forehead against Abels', humming the lyrics in a low tone as she enjoyed the moment between them. Angel felt safe in Abel's arms; she pulled her closer to him, wrapping his strong arms around her slim waist. 

There was a connection between the two that made them inseparable. Some believed the young couple was destined to be together, but soon the world's challenges would come crashing down on their perfect little world. It will be up to Abel and Angel if their relationship is worth fighting for. 

The two will be further from each other, and both will go through their own set of trauma. Yet, Angel will go through the worst of it, being left with the choice between life or death, while Abel will go through the doubt of finding real love again. 

However, fate has a weird way of bringing these soulmates back together, but it will be a rough start for the lovers to truly trust each other again and spark the love they had once before.