Chapter 9: "But I Love You More."

The day after the ball, of course, the news has spread that the king has found a queen and that they are getting married in a month's time. Anastasia has been receiving congratulations all morning and isn't sure what to do with them. She enters the kitchen and again asks if anyone has seen Arthur. "I think he's in the music room." says Griselda. 'Music room? What is he doing there?' Anastasia asks and Griselda shrugs. "I don't know, but he really wanted to go there." 'thank you.' says Anastasia and runs off. "Don't forget you have an appointment with Celia and Darian later!!" Griselda shouts as she runs away. 'Oh, she can't hear me.'

Anastasia arrives at the door of the music room. 'Is that...' she moves closer to the door and hears Arthur sing. She doesn't dare to go in and puts her hand on the door then tears roll down her cheeks. She walks away and continues to sing the song (If I never Knew You)

She enters her room and sees Celia standing. 'Where were you?' she asks. "I ... I was looking for Arthur." Anastasia replies 'and did you find him?' asks Celia and Anastasia nods. "Great, here's some new dresses because you have to look tip and top like the future queen." Anastasia smiles but says nothing. After trying on the few dresses, Anastasia finally walked out of the room. "You look annoyed." laughs IssaBella. "Well then I have the right eye." Anastasia says back and sits down. "Have you spoken to Darian yet?" asks IssaBella and Anastasia shakes no "I had a choice, I had a choice yesterday and I was willing to make it, I knew what I wanted and then... then he did..." "He got you for the block and thought to himself. Stace, this isn't what you want.' says Isabella and sits down. "I know, but... I can't disappoint people. Maybe I can keep it up and... Who knows, I might like it after all. I've found that this is what I've always wanted, to be a change for the world but not in such a way. I don't think I have any other choice..." Anastasia says. "You always have a choice." Isabella responds. Anastasia is on 'I have to change, Darian has been invited to an opera performance and of course I have to go.' 'What about him? Darian? Are you going to make a happy couple?' Isabella asks before Anastasia walks away. "I don't know but what he did... I made a choice and now I'm back to square one." reply Anastasia. Isabella nods. "Make a good choice before the wedding, because then there is no turning back." Anastasia looks at her anxiously then she walks away.

Isabella sits still and sees Nicolas walking her way. "Was that Stacey?" he asks and she nods. "She must be having a hard time." he says. Isabella is on 'She sure has and she's confused. Who would do such a thing?' "Are you just saying that because you wanted to marry Darian?" asks Nicholas. Isabella turns to 'Do you really think so? Darian leaves me cold. I care about Anastasia and she wanted to marry Darian then I would have agreed with that then I'll be the first to cheer loudly because she wants to and not because she is forced by a king who is supposedly in love. I'm so done with men who think they can determine everything for the woman.' "I see what you mean, I... sorry." Nicolas responds and she sighs 'No, you don't have to apologize. That wasn't for you, sorry.'

'