The wedding

Merlins POV

Here's the promised chapter! It's the last one! Oh and by the way- don't kill me.
----------------------------------------------
I walk up to the balcony overlooking the courtyard, where all the people in Camelot who were able to come were situated.

"People of Camelot," Arthur begins. "I have an announcement to make. I am engaged." He pauses, eyes scanning the crowd. His face is cool, calm and collected, but I can see the inner turmoil. His eyes are a cloudy grey instead of his beautiful blue, and he keeps clenching and unclenching his left hand. "The person I am engaged to is the most amazing person I've ever met. They are selfless, caring and beautiful and has saved my life many times over. He is, quite simply, the most noble and courageous person I know, even if he is a bit of an idiot." There is stunned silence across the pavilion. "I am engaged to my dearest friend and lover, Merlin."

Everything is totally silent, like a storm about to break. An like all storms, they had to break eventually.

"Freak!"

"You're unworthy of being our king!"

"It doesn't matter! You're still the people you always were!"

"Long live the Kings!"

"Faggots!"

It was total conundrum down below. It was so confusing and I couldn't stop a solitary tear making its way down my cheek. I turn away, and start making my way downstairs.

I wake with a start, tears running down my cheeks. (Gotcha!)

Then I remember. It's the wedding today! My dream is just a nightmare, just a nightmare, just a nightmare. I repeat this to myself as Gwaine prepares me for what should be the best day of my life. Of course I have no qualms about what I'm about to do, but it's just... these dreams... Morgana dreams started to come true randomly, didn't they? What if Camelot never accepts us?

Just then, Leon knocks on the door. He tells me to sit down. Gwaine (A.K.A the style queen) sighs and stops doing makeup (which I really thought was unnecessary) and gently pushes me down on the bed.

Leon looks me straight in the eye, and says, "Camelot accepts it, and so do the neighbouring kingdoms, albeit they are a smidgen disapproving-" I hug Leon forcefully, and start smiling a smile so big I feel as if my face will split in two.

Gaius appears to walk me to the throne room. (Yes, I'm acting as the girl in the wedding procedure). The old man has a tear glistening in his eye, and as I enter the throne room I see my mother, who is positively brimming with tears. But I don't look for long, because my attention is captured by Arthur, waiting for me at the head of the gorgeously decorated room.

I somehow make it without tripping over anything, with is a sheer miracle in itself. But nothing is more a miracle than what's happening right now. I've never been happier.

"I now pronounce you, man and husband."

I should've known something would go wrong. In hindsight, I should never have let my guard down.

The arrow was heading straight towards me and I couldn't stop it.

Everything happens in slow motion.

Every knight draws his sword.

Arthur intercepts the arrow with his body.

Blood seems to be everywhere.

I catch him as he falls.

He murmurs, "please forgive me Merlin,".

His beautiful blue eyes shut.

The end.

Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry
DONTKILLME

There will be a sequel!

Love,
Eliza xxx

P.s Don't kill me!