Chapter 19 ~ the battle of battles

{tw- gory}

Hours you sat, completely alone in the dungeons. The idea of this would have really scared you if it weren't for the fact you knew alcina and her daughters were waiting patiently behind the door, ready to give Miranda a surprise.

The room you were in was huge. It had candle lights on the walls and stacks of barrels in each corner. It's walls, floor and ceiling were all thick stone and the chains attached to the walls tells you this has been a torture room of some sort. 'This is a big enough space' you think to yourself as you run through the tactics of how your going to defeat Miranda in your head.

Around 5 hours passed and still no sign of Miranda you thought about opening the door and asking alcina if this is even going to work but suddenly, as you turn to face the door, you hear a footstep behind you. You swiftly turn around but see nothing there. You give out a loud huff and turn back towards the door but as you turn, Miranda stood very close to you, blocking the exit.

"Why am I always finding you alone down here grace hm?"

"What do you want Miranda?"

"I want you and alcina to pay for what you both did to me!" With that she charged at you and lunged her hands forward in an attempt to grab you, but she was too slow and you managed to dodge her just in time and grab her from behind. You had her in a tight lock and she was unable to move. You shouted for alcina to come in and she quickly darted in to see you holding Miranda firmly. "Your still so weak from our last encounter Miranda, why bother this now?" Alcina asked her, her tone strict and fierce. "How DARE you call ME weak false child! She wriggled a lot in your grip but you began to feel her crack and shift beneath your arms. Soon you were forced to let go of her because what looked like tree trunks sprouted from her body and landed with such force onto the ground. The vines began wrapping around you, holding you with a tight grip almost crushing your bones.

Alcina grew more angry as she saw you unable to move in Miranda's grip and she lunged at Miranda with her claws, slicing her face making her cry out in pain. Daniela, Cassandra and bela all joined in the fight and began to hammer away at the vines that were tangled around you with their sickles. Alcina lunged at Miranda again but this time Miranda was able to stop her. She grabbed her hand and held it tightly, alcina threw her other set of claws at her but Miranda stopped those too. Alcina was now stuck, held by both hands by Miranda who chuckled at alcina.

The daughters had managed to cut away a few of the vines that held you down and you were finally able to see and move. With as much force as you could you beat your way from the nest of vines and before you had the chance to lunge yourself at Miranda, you saw one very sharp edged vine sprout from Miranda and dive into Alcina's stomach. You cried out in pain and ran over to her before she hit the ground. You held her close to you, her head resting on your lap. "it's up to you now, I love you so much grace. Voi fi cu tine pentru totdeauna dragostea mea." As she finished speaking to you she pushed out a small smile as she looked into you're crying eyes. "Alcina don't do this to me, YOUR NOT GOING TO DIE I NEED YOU, I love you" you sob and place your head against hers as her eyes slowly closed.

You called for her daughters and they all used their strength to take her somewhere comfortable, her chambers you suggested and as soon as they left you looked back up to a laughing Miranda. She had stood the whole time, watching you say your goodbyes to alcina as she took her last breaths. Your face showed nothing but grief and sheer anger. "That's it you evil bitch. You've pulled my last nerve and you will regret what you've done today." Your voice trembled with anger and you felt a familiar feeling of something shifting within your body. This is it. The monster within you was finally showing itself again. You were unstoppable in this monstrous form and Miranda knew it. Her face stopped smiling and dropped into a state of panic. She threw her vines towards you with speed but with each one your large claws grabbed them and snapped them into a million pieces. As you broke her vines you took steps forward, never breaking eye contact. Her face growing more and more uneasy and soon enough, you were within grabbing distance from her.

You swiped your heavy, clawed hand at her and picked her up with ease, holding her tight. Huge grey wings sprung out to their full width from your back, breaking open the walls of the room you were still in and you flew up, breaking free out of the walls and into the sky, still having a tight grip on Miranda. "I'm going to make you unrecoverable Miranda!" You shout at her as you continue to fly up into the air. Miranda was unable to speak with the tightness of your grip. She struggled a lot and found a breath to speak as you now hovered above the castle. She began to painfully giggle. "It doesn't matter what you do to me. I will always find a way to torment you. You ruined my plans, my life and I will forever try to ruin yours." You gave her body a squeeze to stop her from talking any more and you decided it was about time to get rid of her.

With one hand you kept tight a hold of her body and with the other you held her head and pulled. Hard. I'll let you (the readers) guess what happened.

By the end Miranda's body was unrecognisable. Completely destroyed by your hand. Her destroyed body now turned into crystal, something that didn't happen the first time. You felt no illness at the sight and instead relief. That was until you remembered alcina. 'Oh shit alcina!' You think as you quickly turn back into your extra tall human like self and sprinted with all your last energy to her chambers.

She lay on her bed, eyes closed facing the ceiling. Her daughters all sat around her sobbing. "Grace, she's dying. Parts of her body have began to crystallise." Bela sobbed. "Please you must do something!" Cassandra cried. Daniela stayed silent, holding her mothers hand and looking at the floor. You walked up to the bed and stroked Alcina's face which was colder than ever before. "Have you given her any blood?" You asked, the girls nodded their heads. You turned to alcina and reached over to give her a kiss on her forehead. You stayed like that for a while and tears began leaving your eyes.

You hadn't realised, but one of your tears fell onto Alcina's face and rolled down towards her mouth which was very slightly parted. After a short while you leaned back from alcina and stroked her face. You had no idea how to save her, so you just looked at her. Taking in her beauty, her face for the last time. Or you thought was the last time.

{Voi fi cu tine pentru totdeauna dragostea mea = "I will be with you forever my love" in Romanian.}