Showcase

The audience waited impatiently for the rookie girl group to make their appearance. It was formed mostly by teenagers - especially girls - with their phones ready to take photos and videos of the debuting group. A girl, noticing that they were already half an hour late, uneasily approached a staff member.

"Where are they?" she pointed to the stage to get her point through, taking into account the person's confused face.

"Due to problems with security the showcase has been delayed by a few minutes but it will begin shortly so sit down and wait patiently." He crossed his arms and resumed his stare at everything and nothing in particular.

The brunnette sat down again, and looked around the crowd wondering if she was the only one getting anxious. The showcase ended at almost nine thirty and she had to get home before ten, this inconvenience might make her late.

With a sigh and a glare to the stage she ventured to the toilets trying to avoid getting stepped on. While walking through the corridors she noticed that a few security men looked nervous and when a woman who seemed another member of the staff told them something with a harsh tone they left.

With a second glance to the end of the corridor, she silently followed them. They soon stopped in front of a door and after knocking two times they entered.

Careful about not being caught she sticked to the wall and peeked through the ''Only Staff' door, they hadn't closed it completely and the girl was able to take a peek inside.  A few policemen were in the room and she heard a gruffy voice say "One of the members is missing."