when i was a little girl... er boy....

I remember when i first met holy roman empire....

sometimes, he would bully me in front of the other bigger countries, but he made up for it later....

when he left me....

.

.

He never came back....

i cried and cried when i heard the news....

holy roman empire was defeated and taken over.

but i eventually stopped crying, stopped moping, and hid all of my pain

sorrow

and hate.

i grew up, making myself happy on the thought of food.

but then i met him.

Why Do I Love Him?

Italy P.O.V

i was called to a surprise meeting, what fun! nobody told me why though, but i didnt care. i got dressed and ate my breakfast, then headed to the meeting. it didnt take me too long to get there, and when i did, there was nothing. no sounds of fights. no talking. nothing. pure silence. i was scared, and walked in carefully. everyone was there. "Italy.... there is a new country that showed up a while back, at prussia's house. of course, prussia raised his new brother, and now he told us...." England said. i was bubbly as ever, excited to meet him. "well? where is he! i bet we'll be great-a friends!" i said, happily bouncing around and smiling. my eyes were half closed, but looked fully closed for everyone else. "well, the thing is, italy, Germany is-" suddenly the door opened and prussia walked in, a taller man behind him. i took one look at him and my eyes slowly opened and widened, my muscles tensing and teeth clenched. he looked like a tall, buff version of holy roman empire, like he had grown up. "Italy.... this is Germany...." i heard England say quietly. I slammed my hands down on the table, standing up so abruptly that the chair flew back and fell. "Is-a this some kind of a sick-a joke?!" i yelled, looking at everyone. they looked shocked, silently staring at me. "Is this what-a you find amusing?! How could-a you even do this?!" i screamed, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. some newer countries who didnt know me way back when looked confused. i walked to the door and opened it, then slammed it shut. my tears trickled down my cheeks and i slumped down on the wall. i couldnt help it anymore. all of my heartbreak was back, my pain and suffering. i had hated france for killing him. i felt all of my heartfelt rage come out and i punched the concrete wall. "AH!" i yelped and leaned my head on the wall. blood dripped from my fingernails, trailed from my knuckles. "Are jou okay, Italy?" i heard. i froze and my heart shattered, i heard it. "h...holy roman empire....." i whispered as the tears dripped from my nose. "Get up." i heard. i stayed put. -Who does he think he is?!- i thought, wiping the tears with my sleeve. "Get up, italy." i heard again. his voice was stern, but gentle. i slowly stood up and looked straight at the German. "H-holy roman empire..." i mumbled. He wasnt phased, he wasnt him. my heart throbbed in my chest and i hugged myself, holding my breath and clawing my sides. "Italy, stop it. stand up straight und listen to me." he demanded. i did as told immidiately. "i may not be zhis holy roman empire, und i have no idea vhat vas between you two," he said. "but jou can't start zhis up now. jou need to focus und have control." i was shaking so hard that it hurt. i put on a smile and closed my eyes again. "okay." i said, clenching my teeth and smiling widely. he placed a hand on my shoulder and led me back to the meeting room. "sorry for-a flipping out before, i ate-a some new food today ad its-a not settling with me." i said and smiled widely. "Germany is-a very cool, and i-a want to make an alliance with him." i said, my voice cold. "what do you say, Germany?" i asked, my voice a demand that he had no choice. "sure. Japan, join us." Germany said. i felt the cold in my veins. soon, my love, you will have your revenge.... i thought as i innocently giggled. "Italy.... what are you planning?" Arthur asked. i stood up and opened my eyes, staring directly at france. "Nothing i'll regret." i said and watched his face go from curiosity to horror. "Italy, no." he whispered. i grinned evilly and turned, leaving the room. my two new companions followed me and didnt ask questions. "so now what?" i heard. my mind snapped back to its normal form of bubbly nonsense and i laughed. "don't-a ask me, i don't even-a know what im doing!~" i chirped and skipped to my car. "can we stay at your place for a while, Germany?" i asked as he and japan got into the car. "sure, vhy not?" he said and buckled in. i drove to his house and got out, going inside and twirling around. "can i go take a bath?" i asked, looking at Germany intensly. he nodded and sowed me the way. i was in my boxers when he came in with a towel, starting to tell me how if i needed clothes, prussia left his at the house. "erm....." i felt my cheeks heat up and i bit my lip, hard. i stood there, silent and looking at the floor. "sorry. i should have knocked. " he said quietly, his deep voice going husky from how quiet he was. i tensed and nodded, reaching out and grabbing the towel. "G-Grazi Bello..." i said, my hand flying up and covering my mouth. d-did i just...? "no problem...." he muttered and walked away. i sighed from being so stupid, and being almost naked, but mostly from being stupid. "lo stupido lo stupido lo stupido!" i scolded myself. for now, i'd have to take a shower and hate myself later. "why did i feel that way?" i asked, taking a deep breath. i went and got into my bath, thinking deeply about what had happened.