Chapter 2

"Alright, but seriously. Did you see how human she looked? I could have easily mistaken her for being an actual human being if it weren't for Iguro." Kanroji exclaimed as she dipped her legs in the rushing river. "Yes. It is quite different from any other demons I've encountered in my years of fighting." Kocho agreed with the Love Hashira as she stood next to Rengoku.

It's been two days since the meeting with the half-breed and the master. By this time, everyone had just about gotten used to having Blue around and now, the Hashira were back to their normal schedules.

Both Kocho and Kanroji were heading to a destination for a mission when they ran into Renguko and Uzui. "She truly is one of a kind!" Renguko outbursts as he stood by the river bank. "Not to mention, the way she stood up to Shinazugawa like that was flashy." Uzui chimed in. "I've never known anyone in their right mind have the guts to talk to Shinazugawa like that. Especially a woman for that matter." A smirk begins to grow on Uzui's face. "Which only makes that fact ten times more attractive."

Rengoku places his hands on his hips as he glances at Uzui. "Oh ha ho. Don't even think about it, Uzui!" Rengoku laughs. Uzui's smirk grew wider as he wiggled his eyebrows. Kocho shook her head in disappointment. Kanroji giggles before sighing through her nose. "But let's all be honest," Kanroji looks up at her three companions, who have their complete attention on her. "What do you guys think of Blue? Just in general, I mean."

"Mmmph..." Rengoku brought his hand up to his chin as he thought of an answer. "I think we have some intacting to do before I can truly have an opinion on her, but I do believe that her intentions are pure and her heart is kind."

"Besides the fact that she's terrifying as hell when she's mad, I would say she's pretty flashy for being a demon." Uzui says. "You mean Half-breed!" Rengoku jutted out. "Yeah, half-breed. That's what I meant." Uzui said as he shrugged. "What about you, Kocho?" Rengoku asked.

"I would say now she has me on edge just in case she were to do something irrational, but I could probably see myself getting along with her." Kocho answers. "And you, Kanroji?" She asks the pink and green haired girl sitting by her feet. "What do you think of her?"

Kanroji stayed silent for a moment. Her head drops down to look at the water. "I know she will do great things to help the Demon Slayer Corps in the future. I can't really explain how I know, but I can just feel it." Kanroji turns her head to the others. "Did you hear her when she was yelling at Shinazugawa? She spent six whole years protecting and defending those villagers. She's genuinely worried about them now since she's gone." Kanroji pauses.

"I think it's mainly because there is no one else up there to protect them. She cares about those villagers so much." She looks back down at the rushing water as she moves her feet in the current. "But she knows what's best for them, and leaving them to help the Corps to fight against Kibutsuji is what she had to do."

"But her feelings and health matter too." The standing Hashira's were left speechless at Kanroji's sudden serious tone. "She mentioned how the winters were harsh and food was scarce. Who knows what horrors she's seen in the past six years. She's living a difficult life, and it's probably more difficult with her feeling like she can't trust people because she's a half-breed."

She looks back at the Hashira. "You know how we don't trust her? Well, she doesn't trust us either. And we have to work hard to earn that trust if we want to succeed in defeating Kibutsuji for good."

As Kanroji finished speaking, only the sound of the rushing water could be heard. It wasn't until Rengoku gave a breathy laugh that broke the silence. "In the years we've been friends, I've never seen you this serious, Kanroji." He said. Kanroji's face then shot blood red. "I'm sorry! I wasn't too serious, was I? I hope not! I just got carried away."