Chapter 3

The next day, the Master was seated down on the engawa as he waited patiently for the daughters to return back with his guest. The afternoon was quiet and a warm breeze blew into the open space. As the master focuses on the sound of the birds chirping and humming when he hears light footsteps approaching.

The eldest daughter of the Ubuyshiki clan slid the door of the engawa open. "You have a visitor, master." She began. "Shall I escort him in?" The master shook his head slightly. "It's alright, Hinaki. I'd like to speak to him alone." He said. The girl hummed before lowering her head. She steps backwards out the door before walking away in the other direction, not bringing any attention to the other presence in the hallway.

"Come in, Tanjiro," The master called out in a soft voice. There was a few seconds of silence before the young boy stepped onto the engawa. A rather handsome young man of fifteen years, he had short black hair that faded into a dark red shade. The red in his hair was identical to the red in his eyes. On the left half of his forehead was a dark red scar, almost representing a flame. He wore his demon slayer uniform with a black and green checkered haori.

"Thank you for coming, Tanjiro. Please have a seat." The master spoke, sensing the boy's discomfort and awkwardness. "Y-yes of course, sir. Thank you for having me." Tanjiro said. The man smiles as he gestures to Tanjiro to sit down. The boy takes a few steps forward before sitting down on his knees. He removed his sword from his belt and set it down beside him. "I assume that the rehabilitation training is going well?" The man began to make conversation. "You seem to be in better condition than when we last met." The master said.

"It is going well..." Tanjiro swallowed hard as he felt the anxiety digging in the back of the throat. "Although, I'm afraid Zentisu and Inosuke are now lacking motivation." Tanjiro lowered his head in shame. The master hummed. "I see. I hope they find some sort of inspiration to continue training." The man said. Tanjiro looks up at the man's words. "Thank you. I'll pass your words down." Tanjiro spoke.

The master smiles slightly. "Now, I'd like to discuss what I called you here for." Tanjiro stiffened at his words. "About a week and a half, I sent the Water Pillar on a very important and classified mission. Only he and I were aware of the main objective of this mission. Yes, the other Hashira were familiar with his mission but they had no idea why I chose him specifically." Tanjiro stood up straight as the conversation began to spark his interest, and confusion.

"For the past ten years, there has been something fighting off demons outside of the Demon Slayer Corps within the Northern parts of Mount Hikari. This individual has been doing this for years without getting caught or being defeated." The man pauses so Tanjiro can take in the information. "I sent Giyuu on this mission to find this stranger and hopefully form an alliance with them. Thankfully, this mission was successful and Giyuu returned two days ago with the one people call 'Mayonaka Kyūseishu'."

Tanjiro pecks up at this news and the master continues. "This stranger was discovered to be a young woman named Blue. She's agreed to help the Demon Slayers continue on the track to defending Kibutsuji." As the master finishes, Tanjiro's face holds a look of confusion. "Forgive me for asking, but if this is classified information, why would you tell me this?" He asked.

The master was silent and a light breeze blew into the open space of the engawa. "Tanjiro, the reason why I am telling you this..." He paused. Tanjiro grips the clothing of his pants as he awaits an answer. "Is because the girl Giyuu brought back with him has demon traits much similar to your sister."

Tranjiro's eyes widened and the air left his lungs. The world around him was still, almost as if time had stopped completely. His heart began to race. "She..." Tanjiro begins to speak. "She's a demon like Nezuko?" He asked. "She prefers to go by the term Half-Breed. But, yes, she has similar traits and powers that of a demon." The master speaks. "Have you seen her powers before?" The master was silent for a moment before shaking his head. "I have not. But Giyuu has and if you are curious to see them, you could always ask Blue herself."