Tavern Lurking

Octavia sat in the back of a run down tavern in knockturn alley

Octavia sat in the back of a run down tavern in knockturn alley. Waiting to see if her letter would be answered. Taking a sip of the stale beer in front of her, her eyes once again scanned the bar. Nothing more than a tired bartender and a few miserable drunks. Sighing she ruffled her hair.

Eventually the doors bell jingled followed by the distinct clicking of heels.

"I'd never thought I'd see the day where you asked me to meet you." Rita Skeeter said sliding into the seat across from Octavia.

"Desperate times. I assume this means you agree to all the terms." Octavia asked looking to make sure her lie writing quill was no where to be seen.

"I do. So tell me what is this inside scoop you have?"

"Sirius Black is innocent. And I have proof of who did it."

"And just why should I believe you?"

"Because if you don't I'll tell the ministry about an unregistered bug in their offices." Octavia says with a smile so sinister it'd put Bellatrix' to shame. "Now let's talk about exactly what you're going to say. And who your source of information is."

"Why not you?"

"Because I'm unreliable as his sister. Now here's the base of what needs to be said. Here's a picture of the real murder and traitor. Factual proof that it couldn't have been Sirius and a signed confession from the culprit himself." Octavia said handing this over. "I want it published in tomorrow's paper."

"I can't I need to get approval." Rita said looking though the papers. "How'd you even get this?"

"I have my ways. And don't worry about approval. It's been approved a story on the triwizard tournament by you. All you need to do is switch the folders."

"But I can." Octavia cut her off.

"Don't disappoint me Rita. It's not wise." Octavia stood and brushed herself off. "See you around."

Octavia walked out of the bar after placing a few galleons on the bar top. Walking back towards diagon ally Octavia thought about the headache she went though to get all the information she handed over. Including reading more books than she did when she was in Hogwarts. Sighing she walked into Olivanders.

"Miss Octavia how are you?" The old wizard asks as he appeared from his many shelves.

"I'm good and how are you?" Octavia said smiling.

"Well I'm doing just fine. How can I help you on this lovely day?"

"I have an odd favor to ask you actually, do you remember exactly what Sirius' wand was? How it looked and all that?"

"Well of course I do but why do you ask?"

"Well Cetus was always so close with him and when we younger he admired his wand. And with holidays coming up I thought it would be a good gift."