23.

EL'S POV

"max, are you sure about this dress?" i whisper as i stare at myself in the full length mirror.

max picked out a dress for me and i have never in my life dresses like this.

there are some scars and bruises on my legs that are quite obvious and not healed just yet and there are even some on my arms but not as much.

most of them are on my torso and they're covered well with the dress. my arm is also covered though so that's cool.

[ el's outfit ]

[ el's outfit ]

i honestly love this style of clothing but i just never had enough money to buy these type of clothes and i was scared it wouldn't look good on me.

eventually i got into jeans and cardigans which fit my budget and my body.

max did my makeup and my hair which was wavy and was styled with it behind my shoulders.

the makeup was light and i was really glad that it was because i'm not used to a bunch of makeup on my face.

max then leant me a pair of heels since we're the same size and then a black purse to go with it.

i love max, get yourself a max.

"i am sure. you look beautiful, el. when is mike picking you up?" she asks as i shrug, "i think he should be here soon."

she nods, walking up to me and holds my shoulders, "now i gotta tell you that mike's mom is super super nice. his dad though—"

"is scary. he owns like a bunch of buildings here and companies, what if he doesn't like me!?" i exclaim as max shakes her head, "that wasn't my point of the sentence. i've known mike and hated him since elementary school and let me tell you, he has never ever brought a girl to his parents."

"is that a good thing?" i ask.

"i know his parents are fucking excited—"

"bad word." i cut her off.

"—so all you gotta do is be yourself and not stress. you ramble a lot when you're stressed, el." she tells me.

i nod, "i know. hopefully his parents don't find me annoying." i mutter as max shakes her head, "they won't. if they can put up with mike, they can put up with anything."