Chapter 1 Just An Ordinary Day

The sun was starting to show and colors poured over the night sky of purple, pink and red, with yellow streaks, as the bus came down the dark street. Its head lights shown on the old houses that where falling apart. Lights shinning through the windows of every house as people start there day. People seem to be pouring out into the streets as the bus goes on its way, but it had a while to go yet before reaching the white house at the end of town, the one that looks as if on fire as the light from the sun danced upon it. Yes everything was the same and fine like any other, I didn't have a reason to think things would change, that my life teetered on the brink of unreality. I instead woke up to find that the electricity had gone out overnight, so my alarm clock didn't go off. And that set my tone for the day as that ment I only had one hour to get ready for school and for me that was Not much time. So I jump out of bed and run into the bathroom grabing the items I need along the way, a white t-shirt and blue jeans from a stack of clean messy clothes from on top of my dressser, a hair brush and a few more odds and ends that I barely saw as I went. This would have been easier if I had a place for everything and my room didn't look like a complete pigsty but unfortunately for me I wasn't the neat and clean person I should be. I hurry in the shower as fast as I can cutting myself shaving in the process, then I grab my toothbrush and scrub my teeth while brushing my long brown hair at the same time. <something I learned to master over time>. When done I do my make up real quick like and run out of the bathroom, into the kitchen to put some toast on for breakfast hoping it wouldnt burn as I run back up the stairs to my room to get my shoes. As I reach into the drawer for my socks, yes in my drawer I did put something away last... when was that again... doesn't matter, as I reach in I stop, remembering that I forgot to wash them last night!

'Oh no this can't be happening!' I think as I run back downstairs not believing my rotten luck and make my way to Mom's room hoping to borrow a pair of hers.

Just my luck; She is using her last pair.

"You should have done your laundry last night like I told you, I even called up to you early this morning if you got up then you wouldn't be having this problem now." Mom says, brushing her short brown hair off her shoulder as she walks in.

"I didn't hear you call me and I was too tired to do laundry last night. " I yell over my shoulder, as I run back upstairs to get a pair of my own socks to wash.

I eat my burnt toast after throwing my socks in the dryer. And the whole time I reluctantly listen to Mom rant about how I wouldn't be running late at all if I had done as I should have the night before. I sigh and shake my head when she wasn't looking.

'What a life.' I think.

After breakfast I run to get my socks from the dryer and they where not completely dry yet. I grab them any way and I sit on the couch putting them on when I hear the bus pull up. I have my first shoe on when the bus starts to leave. Typical whoever drives that bus hates me this happens every time. While running out the door pulling on my last shoe, I almost trip. Well, I get my shoe on, but I missed the bus! So Mom drives me to school, which she is not happy about. Well neither am I. All the way there I listen to her telling me that I better not miss the bus again, and how she didn't have the time to be taking me to school like this with her busy schedule. When I finally get to school, I'm five minutes late for my first class, and I almost get a detention. Happens to many times I guess. Yep... just an ordinary day in my life!

After school me and Ryan go to the library, we had a science project to do together, which neither one of us where thrilled about. His Dad drove us there but had to run to the store for a few things and would come back to pick us up when he was done, which was fine by me. I never really took to his Dad for what ever reason, it might be the fact that he was always watching things closely and especially Ryan and anyone close to him like me. He seems to have hawk eyes that never miss a thing, his Mom on the other hand I liked she is sweet with a accent that I liked. But I guess that really doesn't matter. I was walking through the library munching on some skittles as Ryan bent down and pulled out a big book from the bottom shelf that had a huge map pasted on the cover, did I mention it was big? It was about three books in one.