Chapter 9 Home

'Put the key in the lock... Carlen this place is Allovander and the whole planet is doomed don't be one of them.' She says.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, willing everything to be made right, to be as it once was, to hear someone say none of this was real but a dream, yet when I open them I'm still here in the same place, nothing changed. I sigh and think that will soon change for me at least. I grab my necklace and press it against the lock and it clicks. Every thing changes and I was back at the play ground, it was the same time of day and everything as when I left. I breath a sigh of relief. I was safe... just... what about Lorana and Ryan, will they both die? I needed answers from Mom and then I will go back, I can't lose them. I hurry to get on the bus and when I get home I run inside to find Mom. She was in the kitchen talking to someone.

"I don't know where she is, I have not seen or heard of her, I'm sorry Ernie." Mom was saying before hanging up.

She lets out a heavy sigh and looks out the window with out even noticing that I was there.

"Mom?" I say.

She jumps and turns around with a forced smile.

"Carlen there you are." She says.

I was about to tell her about Lorana being in danger and Ryan when it all hit me like a ton of bricks. Admittedly there was times I questioned if I would ever see Mom again.

"Mom!" I say, my voice cracking.

She runs over and pulls me into a hug and I break down in tears.

"Shh.... Carlen is this about Lorana? Did you meet with her? What did she tell you?" Mom asks.

"You know Lorana?" I ask.

"Yes... I never expected to see her again." Mom says.

"But... how..." I start to say then remember what I saw in the cave and it dongs on me.

"We are from Allovander aren't we Mom?" I ask.

"You can't belive everything Lorana tells you Carlen, there is no place called Allovander. Look it up." Mom says, pulling away now that I have stopped crying.

"Mom I was there, I went to the crystal cave and saw you with Dad and you held a baby in your arms and a little girl by the hand. Dad handed you this necklace." I say, holding it out for her to see.

She seems to turn pale, her face loses all color.

"But Mom they kidnapped Lorana and everyone's lives are threatened. We have to do something." I say.

Mom takes a seat like her legs where weak and wouldn't hold her up any more.

"We can't Carlen." She whispers.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I was to take you and keep you safe, every one thinks your not my daughter, that I'm not the queen even though I am, they think I'm Serena acting like the queen but I'm not acting, Lorana too believes like everyone else. And I left to keep you safe because our world was in danger, we can't go back... it is too late." She says.

I walk over to her.

"Mom we have to do something." I say gently, knowing this was hard on her.

She doesn't show any sign of having heard at first but then she slowly shakes her head yes and says.

"Alright I will think about it, in the mean time go do your homework." She says.

I kiss her on the cheek and head up stairs feeling like the weight of the world was off my shoulders. I was no longer alone.