Chapter 4 Because Of A Stupid Book

The librarian was busy talking to someone on the phone when I walk up. She had her dark brown hair pulled back in a ponytail and her dark brown eyes glisten with laughter even though she was quiet and I recognize her from yesterday. When she notices me standing there she holds up her finger to tell me to hold on. I wait and notice the library was bare I mean there was no one around, just the librarian and me.

'Hmm... this should help me get over things real well.' I think sarcastically, not wanting to be alone here after what happened.

I was just thankful it didn't take her long to finish what she was doing and she helped to distract me.

"Can I help you? " She asks as she puts down the phone.

"Yes. Actually, I was wondering if Ryan might be here." I say calmly, although my insides were burning with worry.

I don't know why, but I got this crazy feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"I don't think so, but you might want to look around, just in case. " She says.

"Thanks. " I tell her as I walk away even though my wait on her was pointless.

"No problem. " She calls after me.

I look around the entire library, except for the bathrooms of course, Ryan was no where to be found. So with a disappointed sigh, mixed with that same worried feeling, I walk back to the front desk contemplating.

'If Ryans not here where is he. I don't understand whats going on, I need answers from him. Somethings wrong with him and this whole mess and together we can figure it out,... I hope.' I think, still afraid I might lose him but I don't go so far as to think about that.

I can't bear the thought of it, can't go there. The librarian was up and about, so I just start walking to the front door without stopping. It wasn't until I was out side that I remember that Christie and her Dad had gone to the hardware store to pick up a few things while I remained at the library to look around. I knew that they wouldn't be back for a while, so I stop and go back inside. I look around for something to do while waiting, and spot the computers. I walk over to one, thinking that I would just play a game. But before I even reach the computer, the librarian came around the corner. And I change my mind and walk over to her.

"I was just wondering: have my books come in yet? "I ask her.

They where books I ordered a while back, I'm one to read and come here often in my spare time when me and Ryan were not doing anything.

"I don't know. Let me check. "She says walking up to the computer on her desk.

"No, I'm sorry, but they haven't. "She replys.

"All right. Thanks anyway. "I say, and walk away.

And I go over to the computers like I wanted to before, with the intention of playing some games, but when I sit down I decide to look up Allovander to see who had written it. But it is completely useless, for no matter how many sites I check, there is no information on a book called Allovander. It didn't make any sense. I didn't dwell on it too long, because when I look at the clock and notice the time it totally slipped my mind. It was 9:30!

"It can't be! " I say shocked.

"Mom is going to pulverize me! " I say and without even thinking, I jump up and run out the door.

I run up to the Rovers van, which was waiting in the parking lot.

"Hey, why didn't you come in and get me? " I ask, as I get in the van.

Mr. Rover looks back at me from the driver's seat.

"I sent Christie to get you, but I remember her saying that she had to go to the bathroom, so that's probably... "He was saying, but before he could even finish his sentence, I see Christie coming out of the library, her long dark hair flowing behind her, her dark brown eyes really round as she runs this way.