Baking

Baking is an activity that often occurs in the mind palace. Many sweets are cooked to match their tastes, for example, Virgil's favorite sweet is the peanut butter cookie, while Patton's is the overly sweet sugar cookie with mountains of frosting and sprinkles. The twins share a love of cake, while Janus and Logan prefer pie over any other.

Their baking recipes aren't limited to the items listed, they enjoying trying new recipes, some are wins, other fails-aka the pickle pie monstrosity-but even so, each time is better than the last.

Today is a baking day it seems. Janus had promised everyone that cookies would be made, so, he carried Logan off to the kitchen as he gathered up his little ones, not at all fazed by the amount of energy as they all seemed eager to bake and make a mess as always. In times like these, Janus deemed it acceptable to make a mess. What're cookies without flour right?

He had dressed Logan in an age-appropriate outfit as promised, it consisted of an oversized black sweater with yellow stars on it with short overalls over it, and to match, the yellow was used in his knee-high socks as well. He had made sure to get him padded up just in case too, he didn't want any messes, well, any that don't involve sugar and flour that is. While flustered, Logan seemed to be letting go a bit as he easily slipped into headspace. He remains shy, but not overly so, instead of hiding his face away, he is now glancing around curiously while lightly chewing on his teething bracelet, the said chewing silicone parts are shaped like planets.

"Cookies!" Remus chirps, growing impatient even if they had only just entered the kitchen. Janus snickered at his enthusiasm and wagged a playful finger at him.

"Patience my dear goblin, you'll have your cookies." He assures him, chuckling as he sticks out his tongue.

"Are we making chocolate chip?" Patton asks, a hopeful twinkle in his eye as he begins grabbing the milk and butter from the fridge.

"Yeah!" Cheered Roman while clapping his hands. "Chocolate chip! Chocolate chip!"

Janus snorted and cradled Logan who rested his head on his shoulder, wiggling in his arms. Janus spared him a short glance before setting him on his feet. He immediately latched onto his side and buried his face into his neck. With a playful roll of his eyes, Janus lifted him onto the counter instead.

"We can do chocolate chip," The caregiver assures, beginning to grab flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, chocolate chips, etc. He's made these cookies many times, but he knew everyone would want a turn in helping. Because of this fact, he brought all the ingredients over to their kitchen island, laying out the correct measuring materials and such before grabbing the youngest in headspace and plopping him into one of the chairs at the said island.

"Alright, what do we do first before touching anything?" Janus questions them, specifically eyeing Remus who pouted at the question.

"Wash our hands!" Chirps Patton before eagerly moving towards the sink. Nodding with a small smirk, he allowed Patton and Roman to go first, but seeing as Remus hadn't moved yet, he knew he would need a bit of persuading.

"Remus," Janus cooed, only to be ignored as Remus turned to the side, his pout still present on his lips. "Don't you want to make cookies? You can't help if you don't wash your hands first, there are many germs on your fingers."

"Adds fwavor!"

Janus cackled at such a claim, and his laughing earned a small smile from his Gremlin. "Well, if the cookies were just for you, then I wouldn't mind as much, however, they're for all of us, and while you enjoy your extra flavoring, I don't think any of us will. So, if you want to help with the cookies then you must wash your hands."