december

paperwhite
𑁍 i love the smell of warm chocolate, bloomed paperwhite and new beginnings.

-

you handed me a mug of hot chocolate. you sat next to me, getting under the blanket i was hogging all to myself. you invited me over to your house for new year's eve.

you didn't seem as if you had plans to go back to your family's home for the new year. i was on cloud 9 when you called me over. it felt as if my effort to get close to you was not in vain.

it was snowing lightly outside. you turned on the tv. snowdrop was playing on the screen. the room was dark and the mood was romantic that it felt as if we were real lovers celebrating the new year. it's been months and yet there was no progress in our relationship.

it remains the same. we were more than friends but less than lovers. it made me feel alone, having to deal with this heavy feelings for someone for the first time. was it too much to ask for you to reciprocate my feelings?

i sighed, staring out the window. i could feel you turning over to look at me. you were silent. the sound of the tv was the only thing from making it awkward again between us.

suddenly, you got up on your feet and walked into your room. i called out your name and stared at the door. 1, 2, 3. i counted till 30 yet you were still in there. feeling impatient, i got up to my feet.

the room was suddenly brightly lit with white fairy lights as soon as the clock strikes midnight. i gasped in shock. you opened the door with a bouquet of paperwhite in your hands. "what's this?" was the only thing i could voiced out.

you smiled brightly at my reaction. "paperwhite," you responded. you walked towards me slowly and held my face gently. you swept my hair and tucked it behind my ears. "beautiful," you whispered under your breath.

i could feel myself getting light-headed from the happiness i felt at the moment. you were a man of few words but your action speaks louder. i could feel your love for me by the way you're staring at me.

"will you be with me?" you asked nervously, pulling out a necklace in the shape of a snowflake. are you kidding me? it was as if i wasn't being obvious enough. "will you be with me, kim taehyung?" i returned your question.

you chuckled and nodded a yes. "as shall i," i stated, hugging you tightly. you pulled away, putting the necklace on my neck.

a new beginning was what you were trying to convey.

---

The end