Hotshots

Following a successful first mission, the boys were granted their own living quarters as compensation for their efforts. The quarters were quaint with one bedroom, a small living room, and a kitchen but it was much better than living in the barracks because they now had some privacy. They were pre-furnished as well with a loveseat and television and a desk. Dante had chosen to explore the base. He stumbled upon Akashi's hangar where he found a small general store as well as his and Earl's F-16s which were receiving routine maintenance along with a CH-46 Sea Knight that belonged to a pilot named Bremerton.

"Ah, my Commander! I'm so happy to see you!" Taihou said.

Taihou crawled out of the F-16's air intake and placed her tools back in her toolbox making sure that they were all neatly arranged according to size.

"What were you doing, Taihou?" Dante asked.

"She's checking the fan blades, nya." Added an unfamiliar voice.

Dante turned around to see a petite green haired cat girl wearing a white dress with long sleeves that covered her hands.

"Everything is perfect...as it should be." Taihou said with a smile.

"Awesome!" Dante smiled, "You do awesome work, Taihou."

"Praise me more!" Taihou giggled.

"That's enough, Taihou-san." Akashi sighed, "Here's your maintenance bill, nya." She said, handing Dante a piece of paper.

"twenty grand!?"

Unicorn sighed and ripped up the paper and then threw it into the trash much to Akashi's chagrin.

"Stop it with the price gouging, Madame Akashi." Unicorn said, "We've taken care of both planes, Leftenant. Oil level is perfect and both are fully fueled. Will you and your friend be taking part in the airshow today?"

"Yeah but aren't you at war with the Iron Blood and Sakura Empire?" Dante asked.

"Yes and no, nya." Akashi added, "Akagi and her moronic goons can resist change all they want but it's inevitable. As of now, everyone refuses to recognize them and if need be we'll keep pounding them and I'll keep making money, nya."

"Wars are profitable...even if it's a little civil war." Dante sighed, "I'm guessing they don't recognize her little regime then."

The time for the air show had finally come. The first participants on the roster were the new aircraft from the Eagle Union. They were an all-new type designed by Grumman. It was a carrier based jet fighter. A massive leap forward thanks in part to the technological influence of Azrael and Ranger as well as Azur Lane's technological prowess. The plane was designated the F9F Panther. The planes performed a formation flight with a single De-Haviland Comet tanker which had its refueling drogues extended to simulate an aerial refueling, refueling two planes at once. The Panthers performed several passes and aggressive aerobatic maneuvers along with a mock dogfight to show off their agility performing a simulated carrier landing and thus ending their demonstration.