Chapter I: to the rescue

''wake up you good for nothing, go have your breakfast in the kitchen and start cleaning the floor''

"yes ma'am"

That is my everyday morning in this damned orphanage, I've been here since I was 8, they found me severely wounded in a dark alley, and they took care of me since then, god I spent 7 years in this hellhole, I have nowhere else to go, no family no relatives no friends, kids here avoids me because of my white hair, they call me 'jack frost' or 'lonely snowy',

I could see hatred and fear coming out of them, a crimson (fear) and a black (hatred) aura were around them every time they see me.

I never understood why I was hated like that, they never talked to and I never harmed them.

that didn't bother me, I learned to stay alone, books have been my only escape from this reality, thank god the old Karen let me spend an hour or two at the library across the street.

The old lady at the library 'Samantha' is really nice to me, she let me borrow books even without a card, and she always tells me where to find the good ones, she had a black cat always sitting on her lap and sometimes comes to sit with me while I'm reading.

These little things made my life acceptable.

One day I was sitting in the corner late at night as usual holding my torchlight reading a book until I heard the old lady talking, so I eavesdropped, she said "you came for the boy ?"

and an old man voice "yes I'm a relative of his and I just heard that he was found here 7 years ago"

I'll ready him up as soon as possible please take a seat and wait for me it won't be long, the old lady replied

She was coming upstairs quickly surprisingly for a fat old lady, I hurried up and reached my bed and pretended to be asleep

The door was opening slowly

"Alex, Alex, wake up ", Karen whispered, "listen we need to take you out of here, he found you, he can't take you, pack up quickly"

She seemed stressed, panicked, the purple round face was sucked up and turned to yellow, I could see her fear, a crimson aura around her, and it was very dense.

I packed up my clothes and my book inside a backpack, Karen was whispering with a strange language, and suddenly a green portal appeared in front of her

"What is that?!", I exclaimed

"no time to explain, this portal will take you to the library, Sam will know what to do, sorry for treating you like that kid"

Those words hit me differently, I rushed through the portal, found myself in the library, the portal was closing, when I looked through it. "RUN," said Karen, suddenly a hand penetrated through her chest and before she could say anything the had went up slicing the body and the head into two,

an old man with white hair and a beard, dressed in red was trying to make the portal hole wider.

Samantha appeared behind me, "out of the way Alex" she said, from her coat, she took out an object what appeared to be a crystal ball covered with some kind of metal.

The library keeper shouted with some strange words, a strong lightning bursts out of the crystal ball and strikes the man and closing the portal.

"That was close", said Samantha.

She was an old lady in the early '70s, wearing a long green dress and wearing a beige long coat, she took out her glasses and smiled at me, and said

"it's okay, this library doesn't leak the mana so there's no chance he'd find us here relax"

"RELAX....RELAX, KAREN IS DEAD PROTECTING ME, HOW CAN I RELAX", I shouted and burst out in tears

The library keeper held me in her arms

"my boy she did her job only, we all did, since we found you heavily wounded and dumped in that dark alleyway, we swore to protect you, because this world needs you, but now we must run away, the human realm isn't a safe place anymore"

"you mean there are more worlds like in the books you gave me, an...and you said mana, it does exist?....and ...and"

She interrupted me "I see too many questions, but we have no time, let me call some friends to come and help us, I'll tell you everything after that ok my dear?"

While Sam was trying to call for help, I was wandering around the library and trying to relax, seeing the orphanage keeper sliced into two pieces was so horrible.

I hear Samantha speaking "he found him, Lucius, it won't be long until he finds out where we are, send an escort team now and come with them we need at least one of the nine with us here", the old lady didn't have any bad aura around her, I think she was expecting this somehow.

"Found you at last" someone whispered in my ear.

I jumped suddenly and fell to see a w person with a white cloak covering his head with a smiley mask and a hoodie, pointing a gun toward me "ALEXANDER CLIFTON" he shouted with a burst of creepy laughter.

"SILENT HEX" he cried, a hexagon shape appeared in the ground, walls raised and made a closed red room

This aura that emits from him, same as the one I detected from Karen's dead body, so it's DEATH this damned black and red aura, step by step, the man approached me saying "I won't kill or at least not yet, I want to see why the master wants you this bad"

"GET AWAY FROM ME" I shouted

"Are you going to cry baby, cry cry, no one will hear you hehe"

Step by step, and I find myself face to face with this demon

Wait I can't move, my legs......my.....arms, I can't move them, damn it

"tsk tsk tsk, you can't move kid, that's because of my curse," he said with a psycho laughter

Slowly he put his thumb on my forehead, and everything went dark.