Chapter 19

In his despair, Loki went to confront Thor.

Loki was furious, he stalked towards him, weapon in hand, "THOR!" he shouted, "it was you wasn't it, brother... you told him".

Thor shouted back at him, "I didn't tell father anything!".

"LIAR!"

"I swear on mother's life, he already knew"

Loki was trembling with anger, "the one thing I care about and she's gone, because of him!"

"Loki... Brother" Thor spoke softly to him trying to calm him down.

Loki was pained "I have to find her Thor"

"Loki, think what father will do to her if you do, he has a hold over you now"

The sudden realisation of Thor's words hit Loki as if he had hit Mjölnir to his chest. His expression changed instantly from rage to fear.

"Because you love her... don't you... you have to go to this ball, you have to marry this person to protect the one you love"

.......... Meanwhile .........

There was a knock on the door at the door at the house where I was the new maid.

I called out, "Coming" and rushed to the door.

"Yes?"

My eyes met theirs and I felt a sharp jerk in my chest of surprise.

"Oh... It's you"

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself.

"What did you want?"

Another deep breath as I contemplated how I hadn't addressed them properly.

"Why are you here your majesty?"

"You need to come back to the palace"

I swallowed a hard lump in my throat.

"I can't"

I turned away and went to shut the door, but they put their hand on it blocking me from doing so.

"You love him don't you?"

I gave them a small smile and lifted my head to meet their gaze.

"Then trust me when I say you need to come back"

....... A few hours later .........

The grand hall at the palace was packed with people.

Odin was stood in front of his throne in his full grand armour. Lower down the steps to the throne, Frigga was to his right and further at the bottom of the stairs stood Thor and Loki. Frigga was in an elegant gold dress whilst Thor and Loki were both in full armour.

Loki turned to look up at his father as he spoke. The look of disappointment, disbelief this was actually happening and sadness were evident across Loki's face.

Odin began to address the crowd.

"I Odin, present to you, the people of Asgard... our new Goddess and Loki, God of Mischief's future bride"

The Goddess entered the hall and approached the balcony.

Loki could no longer look and turned his head away.

"The Goddess of Kindness and Courage"

At her announcement, the Goddess slowly bowed to Odin and the crowd, lowering her head.

She was dressed in a beautiful floor length, sky blue ball gown, decorated in crystals and diamonds with a v cut back, showing off the curve of the junction between her neck shoulders. Her blonde hair was pulled back and up into a plaited up do, adorned again with diamonds. She however, didn't need any diamonds to sparkle.

Thor was starring at her and when she saw him, he smiled broadly and winked at her.

Loki however, had still not looked up at his future wife and kept his eyes to the floor. A brooding scowl was across his face.

The Goddess started descending the stairs towards Loki and Thor, but Loki wasn't interested.

Thor swiftly elbowed Loki to get his attention and to look up at her.