꧁𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙙𝙪𝙙𝙚꧂

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

•••

today is stanley's bar mitzvah, and only me and richie are going. I felt sorry for stan really, all of his friends with an exception of two wasn't going to be attending one of the key moments to him and it was all over some stupid argument.

I wanted to make this day special for stanley, he had been preparing for this for months so the least i could do was to try to at least make myself look presentable, not that i didn't usually care about how i looked around him but today was just... Different?

this is the outfit i decided to wear

(as always, you can change it if you would like to <3)

I spent a few minutes in the mirror just thinking what i'd say to stanley after the ceremony, i cant just start up any old conversation i need to tell him how proud i am of him that he managed to get through it.

I felt a bit stupid just talking to myself in the mirror after a while so i just fixed my hair did one final check i looked at least decent-ish and grabbed stans present of my bedside table.

a few weeks prior i had bought stanley a new button up shirt, as if he didn't already have at least 10 of them but as soon as i saw it in the store window i immediately thought that it was something he would wear. I wrapped the gift in paper and wrote a note on the top that read

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑙𝑒𝑦 (𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑑𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛),
𝐼 𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑐𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑗𝑔 𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡, 𝑤𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑙𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡!
𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚, 𝑦/𝑛 ❤︎

i picked up the wrapped gift and then carefully paced it in my bag, not wanting the paper to tear open before it makes its way to stan. i stared at myself in the mirror for a good two minutes questioning my outfit choice and taking in the fact that as of today stanley wasn't going to be a kid anymore, something about that just blew my mind.

I checked the time and decided it was a good time to head to the synagogue, i wasn't about to be late for his bar mitzvah especially since i know how long he's been practicing for this.

I swung my bag over my shoulders and started walking my way there because today is possibly the first day i have been stressed about my hair staying in place, for this occasion i needed to look perfect, or as i should say, close to it as i could manage.

The walk wasn't long and on the way there i even met with richie and his mother. I was surprised to see that richie had made the effort to wear a suit and tie, sure his mother probably had to persuade him to wear it but I was so used to seeing him in hawaiian shirts i had to double check it was richie. then again he was not used to seeing me look this put together either.

when we arrived at the synagogue, richies mother found seats and me and rich went to look for stanley to give him his gifts, i'm not quite sure what richie had gotten him but he said it was something small.

"y/n! richie! you're here finally in didn't think you'd make it!" we heard a familiar voice say. Stanley looks so different, he no longer had the same curls in his hair, instead they were all flattened and gelled down, i'm guessing that was his father's decision as i know stanley loves his hair and actually goes to great effort to take care of it.

"of course we made it, it's your man day, stan the almost man." richie joked as stan pulled me in for a hug. "yeah, what he said." I say as i hugged back. "ew love." richie fake gagged. we both stopped and gave richie a death glare and stan rolled his eyes. "oh yes, i almost forgot, your present." I say as i hand him the wrapped gift. "oh yeahhhh, here you go man." richie says as he pulled out a crumpled $5 note from his pocket.

"happy man day, dude."richie says joyfully as he goes to take a seat.

"he's got the spirit at least." I giggle at the boys efforts. Stanley read the note I left on top of the present, he smiled and then put it in his pocket. "I'll open this later, thank you for being here y/n, it means a lot." He thanks with a huge smile on him face. I see his dad approach from behind stanley's shoulder and take it as a sign to go find my seat. "I wouldn't miss it for the world, birdbrain, you'll do great." I assure him before i take my seat next to richie.

•••

841 words

wow i'm actually shit at updating this i'm so sorry, i'm hoping i can get into some sort of upload schedule or something, i hope you enjoyed this chapter and i'll try update this again tonight :)

drink water, stay safe,

with love, your bitch - mayyy <3