Prologue

"Boys, could you come here for a bit!" Atsumu and Osamu's mother yelled to his sons upstairs.

Soon she got to hear them thumbing their way down.

"What did you want, mom?" Asks Atsumu.

"Why don't we sit down for this."

The twins follow their mother, Kimiko, to the dining table and take seats, next to each other opposite from the woman.

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes. You know how I went to the doctor. Well, they've now found out that my cancer has recurrented," Kimiko told her sons with a distressed tone.

"What?!"

"But it's been so long, you've been so healthy. They said you were fine!"

"Is it that bad yet? You're gonna get better right?"

"Whoa, slow down," Kimiko told the two boys.

"They said that it's already on stage three again and spreading fast."

"You're gonna get the treatment though, right?" Osamu asked with a worried look.

"Yes, I'm gonna start it. But it might not be much help anymore," she said, smiling sadly.

"No..." Atsumu whispered. Osamu cursed under his breath.

They had been scared for their mother's life enough 3 years ago. When she first had cancer it had been the twins' last year of middle school.

"Will you see us graduate?"

"I hope nothing more. They said I have a good chance of getting there, it's only six months away. I will be there. We just have to wait and see how it progresses, okay boys?"

______________________

The funeral of Kimiko Miya was quiet and sorrowful. She had been a kind woman and a loving mother, so quite a few people were present to honor her memory.

Naturally, so were her sons. Now Atsumu and Osamu were the only ones left at the cemetery, aside from Kiyoomi and Rintaro.

They stood side by side by their mom's newly filled grave. The two both had tears streaming down their faces.

She was gone. They lost their mother to the sickness.

Osamu sniffed and then finally walked over to his boyfriend and hugged him again.

Atsumu stayed there, staring at the stone with words carved into it. His mother's name.

He didn't notice how Kiyoomi moved next to him.

"Are you ready to go?" Sakusa asked the blond.

The raven haired boy hated seeing his friends having to go through this. He still remembered how hard it had been for them in middle school. He felt sorry for not being able to support them as much as back then. Having gone to another high school he and the other three had hung out less.

Atsumu swallowed hard. He still had tear streams going down his cheeks. He didn't bother rubbing them off.

"Yeah... let's go," he responded in a whisper back.

Atsumu threw one last glance at the grave. Then the pair turned to the couple waiting for them.

The four had a quiet walk to Rintaro's house. The twins had decided to stay there for now. They didn't want to go home.

Suna and Osamu walked hand in hand in front and the the others followed.

Kiyoomi glanced at the blond walking next to him. His eyes were red from crying, cheeks were glimmering from the tears.

He wanted to say it was going to be okay but knew the twins didn't want to hear it. They had gotten a load of that during the funeral event.

Atsumu let out a final sob, "Was it my fault?"

Kiyoomi didn't understand. How could the boy think this was his fault?

"Atsumu, I swear to you. This wasn't your fault. It is no one's fault."

"But what if I would have noticed it sooner? She was looking more sick you know. She got weaker but we thought nothing. I could have helped somehow," the grief stricken boy sniffed

Sakusa wasn't the best in comforting people, so he just wrapped a warming arm around his friend.

"You'll get through this. You have us."

A/N lol what a happy first chapter am I right