Chapter 4: House of Shadows

Wulfriks sighs, goes to another terminal, reads the dialogue, scrolls down, and continues to read. Then she stops reading when hearing someone behind her. Wulfriks turns around and sees Avotrik in the room with her. 

"Wulfriks, we have found some rooms and probably a room for yourself," reported Avotrik, and Wulfriks nodded, and then she saw Varok walking into the room, and he stopped right in front of her.

"Also saw some pikes that Skaviks could use," replied Varok, and Wulfriks nodded and looked down at them. 

"Head back to the hallway, and we will wait for Maksis and Skolsis to return with Dr. Paige," ordered Wulfriks.

Varok and Avotrik both nodded, and they left the room. Wulfriks sighs and walks out of the control room. Wulfriks walks down the hallway and stops when seeing everyone in the room talking with each other. Wulfriks sighs and walks over to them. Everyone stopped at what they were doing, and they looked at Wulfriks. Wulfriks looks down at them, and she sighs. Then Wulfriks looks at the door of the entrance to the Skiff. The door opens up, and everyone looks at the door. Dr. Paige walked into the room with Maksis and Skolsis. 

"Scouted the area, and the close is clear for us to head out into the open," replied Skolsis.

Maksis nods, and Wulfriks nods and looks at Dr. Paige and sighs.

"Before we head out. I want Thavis to go get Drediks because I want to have a word with all of you," orders Wulfriks, and everyone nods. 

Thavis nods and walks to the door where he has seen Drediks. Wulfriks watches him go get Drediks. They waited for a couple of minutes then Drediks walked out with Thavis behind him.

"So why did you call everyone here," asked Drediks in wonder.

"I have been thinking of calling ourselves the House of Shadows," answered Wulfriks.

"Not a bad name," replied Avotrik, and everyone agreed.

"But why to change the name," questioned Skaviks.

"Because we are not the House of Devils," answered Wulfriks. "We also stick to the shadows more and keep hidden from enemies. Also, we need someone who will make a banner for our new house."

Wulfriks looks at the rest of the group, and Calkis raises her hand Wulfriks looks at her and nods, then looks at Skaviks.

"Oh," replied Skaviks, looking at Wulfriks, and Wulfriks sighed.

"Skaviks, since you are a rider, you will be testing the pike outside the ship. Since it is safe to use," replied Wulfriks, and Skaviks nodded.

"Also, I found a pike too big for me," reported Skaviks.

Wulfriks looks at him and wonders what type of pike it is. 

"How interesting," replied Wulfriks, and then she continued by saying, "Show me."

Skaviks nods, and he motions for everyone to follow. Everyone followed Skaviks to the garage where the pikes were. Skaviks pulls the cloth, and everyone gasps seeing how big the pike is. 

"So, who will be riding it?" questioned Brilaks in wonder.

"I think it belongs to someone larger than a captain," suggested Varok.

Everyone looks at Varok, and Wulfriks nods and looks at the pike. Everyone talked with each other, and the captains talked with each other. Dr. Paige listened to Drediks and the captain's conversation. Skaviks rolls his eyes and looks over at the pike that he picked. Skaviks sighs and walks over to his pike. Skaviks hops on and wonders how he should turn it on. Skaviks then touches something, and the pike comes to life. Everyone stopped talking, and they all looked at Skaviks. Wulfriks sighs and looks at the pike that Skaviks pulled the cloth off. Skaviks looks at the group and wonders how to drive it. Wulfriks sits on the pike and turns it on. Skaviks and everyone else looks at her. Wulfriks smiles, puts her knees on the side, and then puts her front arms on the handles. She then puts her back arms on the front of her body. Wulfriks looks at Skaviks, and he nods, and so does Wulfriks.