Chapter 6: Taking Off

Wulfriks wakes up and gets up from her bed. Time to get the ship into the air, thought Wulfriks, and she sighed. She goes to the machine to put on her armor and uniform. Wulfriks walked out, and she was in her office. Wulfriks grumbles a little and wonders if she should call them next. Wulfriks goes to her desk and wonders if there is anything of interest that she needs to know. A door opened from her office, and Wulfriks looked up from her desk and saw Dr. Paige walking into her room.

"Yes, Dr. Paige," replied Wulfriks, asking, "What do you need?"

"Came to have a word with you," answered Dr. Paige, then she continued, "I have a message from the government. They are coming here a little bit later today."

Wulfriks flinches and wonders how the government knows about them.

"How did they...." started Wulfriks with concern in her voice.

"Already know?" finished Dr. Paige, and she sighed and continued, "I have no clue just got a message from them a couple of hours ago."

"So they are going to be here late this afternoon," asks Wulfriks looking at Dr. Paige.

"Correct," answered Dr. Paige. 

"Did you get escorted here, or did you come by yourself?" questioned Wulfriks.

"Skolsis came by. She did terrify me for a bit, but she did escort me to the ship," said Dr. Paige.

Drediks walks into the room and sees Dr. Paige. 

"Dr. Paige," replied Drediks.

"Drediks," said Dr. Paige when she heard Drediks behind her and heard the door close behind them.

"Yes, Drediks," replied Wulfriks, asking, "What do you need?"

"I was going to ask if some of the group will stay behind when we take the ship out today," replied Drediks looking at Wulfriks.

"Some group will stay here while the rest goes on the ship. Skaviks will go with the Skiff to test the pikes on the field. Provek is flying the ship, and if some of the Captain's groups want to come along, they can," said Wulfriks, and she continues, "Drediks, you will be staying behind while I go with the ship when it takes off."

Drediks nods and replies, "I will report everything you just said to the three captain groups."

Wulfriks nods, and Drediks exits the room. Wulfriks looks at Dr. Paige and sighs. "Dr. Paige, you will be staying behind with Drediks until myself and the crew come back."

Dr. Paige nods and exits the room. Wulfriks sighs, and she goes back to the terminal that is on her desk. Then she hears the door open. Wulfriks looks up from her terminal and sees Skaviks walking into her office.

"So you want me to come along?" asked Skaviks.

"Yes, because we are testing the pikes out on the open field," answered Wulfriks.

Skaviks nods and reports, "I also have a terminal that will be able to communicate with the skiff when it is in the air and far away."

"Good work, Skaviks. We need to communicate with each other," replied Wulfriks, delighted with the work that Skaviks does, and then asked, "Is the ship ready to take off?"

"Yes, everything is ready to go to take off," answered Skaviks.

"Good, you may take your leave," commanded Wulfriks, and Skaviks nodded and exited the room. 

Wulfriks sighs, turn the terminal off, and walk out of her office. She then walks down the hallway and exits the Skiff. Wulfriks sees everyone talking with each other. Wulfriks walks over to the group, and everyone stops talking.