Deja Vu

TW - Mentions of Rape.

Amanda's POV:

"Come on Liv. She looked just like me." I say to Olivia as we walk into the squad room.

"I guess so, yeah." Olivia says half giggling.

"Same hair, same eyes." I continued to say as we walk.

"Hey captain you're gonna wanna see this." Fin says and we stop talking.

"A freshman at Townsend was raped last night, went to the school nurse this morning scared out of her mind." He says.

"Alright, well let's head over we'll need to talk with the students, find out friend groups, was there a party last night, how did no one see her until this morning." Olivia says and with that we're on our way out the door.

By the time we finish the interviews for the day school had gotten out. Olivia and I were walking back towards the car, and on the way had to pass the softball fields. 

"Liv look, it's the girl from this morning." I said pointing as the girl swung at a pitch.

"Dang, kid's pretty talented." I said as we watched the ball fly over the fence.

"Rollins come on. You need to let it go." Liv says pulling me towards the car.

Maybe she's right, I don't know why it got to me so much. There's no real reason for her to look like me except coincidence. I shrug it off and do my best to throw myself into the case for the rest of the day.

It wasn't until I was driving home that she came back to my mind.

I got stuck at a light next to central park, and when I looked over I saw her again. Sitting on a bench. She had a stroller next to her and a baby in her lap. She was smiling at him and he was smiling and laughing back.

Who is this kid? I thought to myself. And why is she suddenly everywhere. Does she have a kid? I'm startled out of my thoughts when the car behind me honks and I see that the light changed. I waved as an apology and drove off.

"Hey sweetie. I'm home." I said walking inside my apartment.

My daughter Jesse is 15, so she walks home at the end of the day.

"How was school?" I ask going to the kitchen to start making something for dinner.

"Good, got an A on my history test." Jesse says.

"That's awesome baby. I'm proud of you." I say.

After we finished eating and got everything cleaned up I told Jesse goodnight and headed to my room. I have to figure out who this kid is, I just wanna know her name at least. I pulled out my laptop, and searched for the schools softball team.

Townsend Harris Highschool Softball team

I clicked on a link to the schools athletic page, and then clicked on a link to the roster.

Lady Hawks Varsity Softball Roster

I scrolled for a minute until I saw her picture.

Blake Dixon - Freshman - Pitcher

Blake. Her name is Blake. Interesting name for a girl. I don't really know why I care so much to be honest. On some level I feel some sort of connection to her, almost like I've always known her. 

Ugh Rollins, Liv is right. You need to let this go, it's just a coincidence. What would it even be if it wasn't a coincidence, it's not like I have a kid I forgot about. I would remember my own kid.

I put my head in my hands and rub my eyes. Ugh I just need some sleep.

"Morning Rollins. You okay, you look awful." Liv says with a chuckle when I walk into the squad room.

"Mornin. I know. I barely slept." I say back to her.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asks.

"You ever feel like, like you forgot somethin? Somethin you should instinctively know?" I ask.

  "I don't know. Uhm, I forgot Noah's formula once. You mean like something like that?" Olivia says.

"I guess. I don't know, don't worry about it, I'm sure it's nothin." I say going to my desk.

But something just doesn't feel right.