1

Home... Jett is on her way back to her house after buying groceries. Her hands were full of paper bags, she had trouble opening the door to her house. It was raining and it made her situation worse. The front of her house was wet with the wind blowing the rain in the direction of her house. She couldn't place down the paper bags she had in her arms and it was cold outside, her being a little covered in the rain water didn't help with her condition at the moment.

After a few minutes of struggling to open the door she finally got it right and the door opens to a living room with the lights still closed. It was dark and slightly cold. She entered her house and turned on the lights then closed her door behind her. The light enveloped the whole room. The living room was simple maybe even a little too bland. She walked over to her kitchen and placed the paper bags at the counter immediately. The girl then removed her blue jacket that was wet from the rain. She placed it on a hanger and hanged it on the bathroom. She wanted to take a shower but she had to place the groceries in the fridge first.

The girl was exhausted after all of that and she can finally take a nice warm shower. It felt good, the warm water helped her temperature lower down but her runny nose annoyed her. Her mind was clouded with the thought of her crush, Sage. Sage is her friend and apparently the same person who's been making her heart beat faster than ever. She didn't even notice her smile after thinking about her. She somehow felt a little bit lighter after thinking about her. Jett could no longer take it, she couldn't keep her feelings hidden away anymore. She couldn't help but think about confessing her feelings to the girl, judt the thought of it made her feel nervous yet joyful.

It's almost a week of rainy weather and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. After she was done showering she dried up and put comfortable clothes on. Jett went to the living room and layed on the couch with her phone in her hand just scrolling through social media. She noticed Sage posted a photo on Instagram, it's only been a few minutes since it was posted.

 She noticed Sage posted a photo on Instagram, it's only been a few minutes since it was posted

With the caption of "It's raining again" Jett read out loud. She double tapped the post and smiled to herself. A notification popped up on her phone and seeing who it was made her heart jump. It was Sage messaging her. It shouldn't be a big deal for friends but Jett likes her not as a friend but something more.

She opened the message and replied "What's up?" trying her best to not make it a big deal when in reality she was smiling like a fool and could barely contain her smile to herself. The latter then replied to her almost immediately after she sent her reply.

I'm boreddd the rain is so heavy now
Can't go out :(

Me tooooo
I got caught in the rain while I was buying groceries
I had to speedrun back lol

You'll get sick if you keep doing that

I don't need a car It's not that far awayyy

Then you should've brought an umbrella with you

I thought it wasn't gonna rain anymore

If you get sick I swear...

I won't omggg

I kinda miss you

Jett's cheek flushed red in the last message Sage had sent her. The butterflies in her stomach flew around freely, she swore her heart skipped a beat. She didn't know what to reply or if she was just missing her as a friend or something more. She was confused. Does she like her or is she just being friendly.

Me too
I miss being at home...

Are you not in your house?

I am but
Never mind

It was yet another day of concealing her feelings for Sage. Yet another day of wondering whether she should even confess her feelings for her friend. She was afraid that it will ruin their friendship in doing so. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. It was time she confess her feelings. It has been quite a long time since she realized she likes her. Maybe its time for her to gather all her courage and finally get these feelings off her chest. "I like you, do you like me too?" She said to herself with her eyes closed, picturing Sage in front of her. She opened her eyes and looked at her phone again.

What do you mean?

Sage replied confused on what she was saying. Jett felt too embarrassed to reply to her now and she suddenly ran out of words to say.

"I might be a little homesick right now."

-----

Thanks for reading this chapter!

Hello guys this fanfic will be short and it won't last too long!

I know my other fanfic isn't finished yet but I decided to publish this already completed short fanfic if you guys are interested while I'm not updating the other one!

<3