2

It's been a day since the last interaction they had together, messaging each other. Jett couldn't stop thinking about her, she even followed her in her dreams. It's almost like a curse following her except curses are supposed to be bad and Sage is everything but anything 'bad' to her.

"I like you a lot."
"I might be in love with you."
"Do you want to go out-"

Jett rolled over her bed a few times over her silliness. Only if she had the courage to say it in her face. She has no idea if she likes her back and of course she want to know if she does but at the same time she was scared of her not feeling the same way and it'll just ruin their friendship. Her phone rung making her immediately stop rolling around and pick it up. "Hello?" She asked a little bit out of breath from all the rolling around.

"You won't believe it... I'm going on a blind date!" Sage on the other line said excitedly while her heart just dropped from the news.

She chuckled slightly, trying to process what she just said. "What?" She asked, it must be a mistake right? She must've been hearing things. It can't be true, she didn't want to accept that because of her lack of courage to confess somebody already got Sage's heart before her. It's too early for a heartbreak.

"I know right! I only know his name but Cypher said he's a good guy." The girl on the other line chuckled, wearing her usual warm comforting smile. Sage is actually a bit suspicious about this guy since she doesn't really go on blind dates but Cypher is a nice guy so she trusted him and agreed to go. "He said his name is Sova." She said smiling to herself, hoping he's not some serial killer or a seventy year old man.

Jett wanted to be happy for her but how can she be happy if she haven't even been able to confess to her and she already got someone first in line. "He sounds nice..." She said trying her best to be supportive and happy for her friend. "When are you going to meet?" She followed up a question.

Sage hummed for a bit before replying, "Later, we'll have dinner together." in an excited voice. She was excited to meet him but of course she still have to keep her guard up just in case he's a serial killer. Jett was rather surprised it's already happening later, she expected it to be a few days after this call. She was baffled.

"Oh- uhm... Be careful and if he makes you uncomfortable, leave." Jett adviced her, she was worried about her. She was also concerned about the weather, since it's not actually in the best condition to be going out. "What if it rains?" She asked her again, wondering if she'll bring an umbrella or be riding in a vehicle.

"Well... The weather just got better I doubt it would rain later."

"Don't worry about me too much! I'll send you details after we're done."

Sage chuckled at Jett being worried about her going on a blind date. She found it sweet that she was concerned about her.

The white haired girl sighed over the phone and chuckled along with her after, but she can't deny that she was indeed upset about her going on a blind date. Although she can't be mad at her for wanting to love someone but she was sad that it wasn't her she was going on a date later. "Alright, alright, have fun at your date." She said before hanging up the phone call.

After the phone call was finished she let herself flop on the bed backwards as she face the blank empty ceiling of her room. "I wish I was him." She muttered to herself, removing her grasp from her phone and letting it rest on the bed. All she knows is that she just needs to be happy at Sage's own choices as her friend. She needs to be there for her and support her every choice, every decision, and every little thing she does.

Although there's one thing she doesn't understand. After hearing that your crush is going on a date some people already stop liking them or at least their interest in them have decreased but why does she still like her? She just told her she's going on a date with a boy, why does she still continue to like her? Even if there is a big possibility that she's straight. Jett still likes her and in fact maybe her attraction to her might have even increased. It felt like this is more reason to confess her feelings to her.

"I might really be in love with you." Jett said clutching the blankets on her bed with her cheeks blushing a little red. She turned to her side and hugged her pillow, burying her face in it. She closed her eyes and imagined that the pillow she was hugging was Sage. She could feel her heart beating and the butterflies on her stomach swarmed in like it was nothing. It's almost annoying but it felt warm and comforting.

"I wonder if you think of me even when we're not talking..."

-----
Thanks for reading this chapter!

Short chapters for short stories<3