3

It's now 8 pm and Sage is about to leave her apartment for her blind date. She was wearing a short black silk spaghetti strap dress with her usual hairstyle tied up. She looked stunning. It was a good thing that the weather seemed to be in a good condition. She grabbed her slingbag and placed her phone along with the other items inside before she left the apartment and locked it. She went out thinking tonight is the night she'll fall in love. She used the elevator to go down to the ground floor and made her way to the sidewalk where she waited for a taxi.

Fortunately it didn't take too long for a taxi to come by and pick her up. The ride was nice and peaceful, there wasn't any traffic and the music was relaxing. The night lights from the buildings they were passing by looked pleasing to the eye. It was aesthetically pleasing. Sage felt a little sleepy from the calming drive on her way to the restaurant. She then paid for the transportation fee before leaving the taxi and entering the restaurant.

She sat down a table outside the restaurant and waited for her blind date. It seems like she was a little early as her date still wasn't present.  "Ready to make an order madam?" A waiter asked her after a while of her sitting there and observing the menu.

"Sorry I'm still waiting for someone." She flashed a warm smile at him. He smiled back in return and nodded at her before leaving her alone at the table and going to another table to take their orders. She took her phone out and messaged her friend Cypher about his friend Sova.

Where is he? I'm already here

But he didn't reply and was unfortunately offline at the moment. It was a good thing that she still had her mobile data since there was no free wifi at the restaurant. She sighed and continued to pass the time with her phone. It was painfully boring and maybe even a little embarrassing how she just looks like chilling in a table, not planning to buy anything. But she had patience, and so she waited.

-

It's been a while, around thirty minutes and her blind date still haven't arrived. She saw people from the tables leaving and walking in to sit. A few people had already left and yet Sova still wasn't there. At this point Sage even wondered if he was a real person or if Cypher was just joking about it.

The waiter came back at the table and asked if she was ready to take an order now. "Sorry, he's still not here." Sage apologized at the waiter for taking so long to take an order.

"Ma'am you will have to leave if you won't order anything, there are other people needing tables..." The waiter replied. Sage looked back at her phone and still no replies can be seen. She sighed and chuckled to herself before taking an order.

"I'll be leaving soon." Sage said to the waiter while grabbing her bag. She opened her wallet and gave him a tip. He bowed at her and left after receiving it.

Droplets soon fell from the sky, it started to rain and she had no umbrella. Sage groaned in regret of not bringing an umbrella with her. She could've sworn the weather was definitely not going to rain.

Sage had lost hope in her blind date but she didn't really care about it too much since she doesn't even know who he is or if he's a good person. He might have had an emergency or an urgent change of plans for his reason of not showing up. It was a little disappointing that he was a no-show though, considering how excited Sage was and how she took an effort to be early and dress up nice for the blind date to make a memorable impression.

"Well... That was disappointing." Sage said in a pout. Her date didn't show up and it started to rain, perhaps today isn't her day. The people outside quickly rushed inside the restaurant for shelter from the rain.

She took a photo of her current situation and posted in on Instagram with the caption of  "He's a no-show and I got caught in the rain..."

She immediately placed her phone inside of her sling bag before it gets even more soaked in rain

She immediately placed her phone inside of her sling bag before it gets even more soaked in rain. "So much for a blind date." She sighed before standing up from her seat. The leaves from the tree canopy was the only thing shielding her from the rain pouring from the skies. It was almost thick enough to be her roof under the crying nimbostratus clouds up above. The cold wind made her gently shiver, she didn't have a blazer or a jacket on to keep her warm.

She decided to at least wait a little while for the rain to weaken before she leaves. Sage embraced herself for warmth though it wasn't enough it still gave a little heat. A few minutes have passed and the rain still hasn't gotten weaker.

She was ready to leave and get soaked by the rain until a figure running fastly towards her with an umbrella caught her attention.

"Hey! Don't run, you might slip!"

-----
Thank you for reading this chapter!

<3