Prologue

She a hybrid made my Chaos and Gaia the favoured child. Blessed by Hecate she stood as their champion. She was no demigod neither was she a mortal. The first of her kind higher than a titan yet not a primordial. The Immortal witch was what they titled her yet even the fates had no idea what she was. Instead, they named her Sonali and the myths called her the Golden One.

Sonali Volturi was as old as time itself having walked the earth for over ten millennia. when she turned her adopted sons into immortals she created vampires. The Queen in the Shadows is what they called her the mother of monsters and the Mother of the Volturi. 

It never bothered her she continued to live her life freely but as time went on her children began to notice her sadness. While they had all found their soulmate she had never even felt when hers was born. A painful existence yet her soul stayed unchanged and her smile never wavered.

Then she met Jasper Hale a member of Carlisle's coven, until then her existence was just a myth a scary story vampires told their covens. When they met everything had changed and the Volturi celebrated. The first annoying human that attempted to force herself into their life had a horrible accident and suddenly got amnesia. 

The wolves that called her a monster suddenly realised that was exactly what she was and Sonali happily reminded them what a true monster could do when she called carnage and destruction upon their home only stopping it when they got on their knees and acknowledged true power.

And her soulmate?

He worshipped her continuously he adored the ground she walked on and the fire in her eyes. The promise of vengeance and destruction to him was wonderful and a reminder that he had found his other half his true Goddess of War.