Untitled Part 9

CHAPTER 8

DORA

I wake up. Remus is lying near me. I feel very weak and I remember what happened before. Bellatrix. Thanks God Remus came soon. I love him.

I suddenly feel really sick and I get up, running to the bathroom. I throw up as soon as I reach the toilet. I feel an arm hugging me from behind and a hand stroking my hair, taking it away from my mouth. When I finish, I just lay on the floor, breathless. Remus gives me a glass of water. Then he strokes my hair and kisses me on the forehead.

"Remus…"

"Sssh, it's okay. Now you go to bed ad rest."

"No, I'm fine, really…"

"How can you say you're fine? You just threw up your soul!"

"Hey, it's normal in my… condition."

"Wait… what are you talking about?"

"My condition, Remus." I say with a grin. "Well, you know, Remus… yesterday a young child kicked me."

"WHAT? WHO DARES KICKING YOU? I'M GOING TO KILL THAT… WHO IS?"

"A baby, Remus…" I take his hand and place it on my tummy. "A baby kicked me…"

He freezes, mouth opened in shock.

"No…" he says. "No, this can't happen…"

"Why? You know, when a mother and a father love each other so much, they do some dirty things and… the mother's tummy begins to rise… it's normal, Remus!"

"No, it isn't! Not with my condition! What if he's a werewolf like me? What? I'd never forgive myself!"

"Remus, don't talk like this, please…"

"No!" he's crying now, crying. "No, I've already made an outcast of you and now I'm doing the same thing to a baby! I'm a monster, Dora!"

"Remus. Listen to me NOW. You. Are. Not. A monster. You're the best person I ever met and I don't mind being an outcast if I'm with you, and so won't our baby. You just become a wolf once a month. Once a month, Remus! Nobody cares! It's like… it's like me going on my period, Remus, it's the same thing! Nobody cares!"

He looks at me, eyes still full of tears.

"Thanks… thanks, Dora…."

We kiss. Then he picks me up.

"Since you're pregnant you shouldn't get tired." He says, smiling. I laugh and smile too, then I lay my head on his chest and he carries me into the room. Actually, I'm really weak. That's probably because of Bellatrix. Remus kisses me on the forehead.

"I'll go downstairs making breakfast." He says. I nod.

"I'll call you when it's ready."

"Remus…"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

He smiles.

"I love you too, Dora."