Chapter 1.75(The Class Trial)

Before we knew it we were already at our destination. We all stepped out once the doors of the elevator opened only to see a unique-looking trial room. The walls were red and blue and the floor was checkered black and white. As subtly as possible I tried to maneuver to my podium and I can only assume Byakuya was doing the same. 

"Nyohoho! You've finally arrived! What do you think? Doesn't it feel just like a real courtroom? It's like a Hollywood movie set, right!?" Monokuma shouts. 

Mondo responded but I couldn't be bothered to care what it was. As Monokuma told us to find our assigned seats I found I was between Hifumi and Toko while Byakuya was by Celeste and Chihiro. I suppose that's fair considering if we were right next to each other we could cheat and look at each other's votes, but then again, what good would that really do us? I quickly placed my vote for Leon without anyone noticing and assumed Byakuya did the same, though if he didn't, I guess I win. Toko was too busy looking at the floor to notice, while Hifumi was busy looking at everyone else. I tried to keep my hands behind the desk but my arms were still so no one else would suspect anything. That was probably hard for Togami though considering how tall he is. Hehehehe guess he has to be extra careful.  

Monokuma then began to explain the rules of the trial but it was pretty self-explanatory. Makoto just had to make sure of the obvious though and asked if it really was one of us. Like, obviously man, we've been over this. Then one guy tried to have the person who did it raise their hand. We then discussed what was up with the pictures, why there was an extra seat, etc. All things that did not actually matter at the moment. 

"First up is the case summary! Now, let the class trial... begin!" Monokuma announced. Finally. 

"I assert that the one who was murdered was Miss Sayaka Maizono!" The stick in the mud said.

"Wow, sure took you a lot of time to come up with that didn't it?" I responded.

"...Yeah, we know that part already." The psychic guy agreed.

"And the murder took place in Makoto's room," Byakuya added. Another obvious thing but I'll let it slide since we're friends.

"In the bathroom..." Swimmer girl specified. 

"So it seems most likely that... The killer must have taken her by surprise while she was in the bathroom. She didn't even have a chance to resist." Chihiro continued. 

"Sadly, I don't think it's that easy," I suggest. 

"I agree, try to remember how my room looked... With the way things had been damaged, I think we can defiantly assume there was a struggle." Makoto explained. 

The rest of the group began to explain how Sayaka was obviously not caught by surprise and how she clearly ran to hide in the bathroom. I let them explain everything but Byakuya felt the need to point out their stupidity.

"That much should have been obvious after taking one look at the scene. It shouldn't even need explaining."

"No need to be so rude about it my dude." I joke in response. Byakuya doesn't seem to enjoy my joke though and just looks away. Oh, come on you can't really be mad about that. 

We then began to discuss the murder weapon. I tuned out all the obvious.

"So the killer used some random knife they had on 'em," Mondo says. that could be the case, but I have no idea how someone would casually have a knife on them. Seems more realistic they got it from the kitchen. 

Makoto then went on to explain how my line of thought was correct and it was a kitchen knife. Good job me. 

We then took a turn for the worse in assuming Makoto is the killer. Not the brightest decision, thankfully purple girl convinced everyone to settle down and actually continue analyzing the evidence.